Off-season training

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DhD
500 Club

Re: Off-season training

Unread postby DhD » Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:15 pm

NorthStar wrote:
DhD wrote:Day 13 of the yoga program and some weight lifting today. Sunday is carb day so it's time to eat some nachos and watch football!

Keep going man! Don’t give up! You are going to feel like a million bucks come bow opener!

Thanks brother! Giving up isn't even a thought.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:19 am

Day 14 done, with one of my favorite forms of cardio to come this afternoon: dragging a sled across a frozen lake!
BAS4109

Unread postby BAS4109 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:47 am

DhD wrote:Day 14 done, with one of my favorite forms of cardio to come this afternoon: dragging a sled across a frozen lake!

Good luck. Hopefully the sled is heavier with fish on the way back in! I'll be doing the same thing in a few days.
brancher147
500 Club

Unread postby brancher147 » Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:13 pm

DhD wrote:
mihunter101 wrote:
DhD wrote:Third day of a thirty day yoga program done today. My neck feels better than it has in awhile, and my hips already feel way looser. I think I'm really gonna like this part of my program.

What yoga program are you doing? I need to start doing yoga. Should help my hip/back pain.

It's a little new age-y, but I've been following the thirty day program on the YouTube channel yoga with Adrienne. I like it cause it's a gradual ramp up. I just skip the fruity stuff.

Yoga with Adrienne is the best I have found and she has a lot of choices to target specific areas. I have been using her videos for a couple years. It helps tremendously.
Sounds like you’re halfway done-I have fallen a little behind lol.
Some do. Some don't. I just might...
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:35 am

BAS4109 wrote:
DhD wrote:Day 14 done, with one of my favorite forms of cardio to come this afternoon: dragging a sled across a frozen lake!

Good luck. Hopefully the sled is heavier with fish on the way back in! I'll be doing the same thing in a few days.

Caught one crappie. Found out a mouse had gotten into my shack, had to get home and get it cleaned up. Not super stoked about the mouse hole in my one year old otter thermal, but it should be repairable. Going back out sometime this morning. I will be eating fresh fish tonight.
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:45 am

Went ice fishing and did some kettlebells yesterday. We're having crappie for dinner tonight 8-) . Day fifteen yoga done today.
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:27 am

Day sixteen and kettlebells today.
BAS4109

Unread postby BAS4109 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:49 am

DhD wrote:
BAS4109 wrote:

Caught one crappie. Found out a mouse had gotten into my shack, had to get home and get it cleaned up. Not super stoked about the mouse hole in my one year old otter thermal, but it should be repairable. Going back out sometime this morning. I will be eating fresh fish tonight.

Put a couple of dryer sheets in the shanty when you put it away. That seems to keep them away.
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:53 am

I'm on day 17 of the Paleo diet. I don't care about losing weight, just trying to get up the hills easier.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:51 am

Thesouthpaw wrote:I'm on day 17 of the Paleo diet. I don't care about losing weight, just trying to get up the hills easier.

I'm doing keto, feels way better when not eating a bunch of processed crap.
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:47 am

Day 17 of yoga and thirty minutes of cardio today. Not up to 90 minutes a day where I want to be yet, but we're getting there.
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:37 am

Day 18 done, off for an afternoon of hole hopping! Should be crappie for dinner again.
DhD
500 Club

Unread postby DhD » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:56 am

Day 19 done. Forecast looks warm this weekend, I don't know how long we're gonna have ice, so I'm getting back out today.
CajunSwampStalker

Unread postby CajunSwampStalker » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:07 am

DhD wrote:
Thesouthpaw wrote:I'm on day 17 of the Paleo diet. I don't care about losing weight, just trying to get up the hills easier.

What’s you’re thoughts on eating strictly “organic” keto approved items verses anything keto approved ?

Me and the wife did keto for 4 months. She’s still holding strong . Me not so much. Yes I lost 20 pounds in the 4 months but eating all the greasy cheese and butter and bacon was really getting to me. Not only acid reflux but I just couldn’t come to terms that it was healthier than eating grains and nuts. Needless to say now that I’m off keto I’m back being tired all the time lol
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:10 am

CajunSwampStalker wrote:
DhD wrote:

What’s you’re thoughts on eating strictly “organic” keto approved items verses anything keto approved ?

Me and the wife did keto for 4 months. She’s still holding strong . Me not so much. Yes I lost 20 pounds in the 4 months but eating all the greasy cheese and butter and bacon was really getting to me. Not only acid reflux but I just couldn’t come to terms that it was healthier than eating grains and nuts. Needless to say now that I’m off keto I’m back being tired all the time lol

I like paleo because it is basically cavemen food. No butter, cheese, or grease. The first few weeks are really tough, but once you get over the hump you feel really good.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”