PA Kids Torturing and Beating a Buck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Kraftd
500 Club

Re: PA Kids Torturing and Beating a Buck

Unread postby Kraftd » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:14 am

Just because some folks are apathetic to things happening to humans doesn't mean that all, or even most are. I'd wager to guess that most of us that are disgusted by this video are just as disgusted by some of the other things that have been noted happening to people. This video made the rounds on hunting sites, including this one and the associated FB page, so in my opinion is topical and relevant to comment on. Not throwing in a caveat that I'm also repulsed and appalled by all of the terrible things happening to humans doesn't minimize the genuinely disturbed reaction to this video.

Are there videos of people being tortured out there? I'm sure there are. Will I seek them out? Nope, just as I wouldn't seek this video out and stopped it after the first kick. That doesn't make me apathetic, it makes me empathetic.

Again, previously noted, but there is a lot of evidence that people capable of this, are not well and are very likely to move on to harming humans at some point, so perhaps the concern is for their next two legged victims as well.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:31 am

Kraftd wrote:Just because some folks are apathetic to things happening to humans doesn't mean that all, or even most are. I'd wager to guess that most of us that are disgusted by this video are just as disgusted by some of the other things that have been noted happening to people. This video made the rounds on hunting sites, including this one and the associated FB page, so in my opinion is topical and relevant to comment on. Not throwing in a caveat that I'm also repulsed and appalled by all of the terrible things happening to humans doesn't minimize the genuinely disturbed reaction to this video.

Are there videos of people being tortured out there? I'm sure there are. Will I seek them out? Nope, just as I wouldn't seek this video out and stopped it after the first kick. That doesn't make me apathetic, it makes me empathetic.

Again, previously noted, but there is a lot of evidence that people capable of this, are not well and are very likely to move on to harming humans at some point, so perhaps the concern is for their next two legged victims as well.

Agree. Unless your name is Jeffrey Dahmer I highly doubt anybody here has ever enjoyed participating in this type of thing.

This story reminds me of a number of years ago when some younger guys in central WI were arrested for running down and killing deer with snowmobiles for fun. I remember the reaction being exactly the same. People were outraged as they should be.
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:32 am

Sorry but I kind of don't agree with the posts about most people don't get offended about humans. This is a hunting site, but I would almost bet that if someone posted a video of a child or women or defenseless man being tormented on the ground, most of us would have the same reaction. As far as not turning a head, few of us have privy to what each other do in our personnel lives. I would bet there are a few on here that serve and get involved in various causes. its not a competition - what those two did, and filmed it and put it out for public viewing is despicable.
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:39 am

Dewey wrote:
Thesouthpaw wrote:In my opinion this is a huge black eye for the hunting community. Sure, everyone makes mistakes, but I do believe and example should be made out of this incident. Jail time, or a ban of hunting for many years. I don't wish any physical harm on the people involved, but there should definitely be a major punishment.

Exactly

When people say "it's just an animal" that blows my mind. Torturing any living creature for fun is wrong on so many levels. Cannot believe people are actually trying to find ways to accept or minimize this behavior. Unreal.

Burning ants with a magnifier?
Holding two grasshoppers together making them fight each other?
Trapping coons?
Trapping Wolves?
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:44 am

crankn101 wrote:
Dewey wrote:
Thesouthpaw wrote:In my opinion this is a huge black eye for the hunting community. Sure, everyone makes mistakes, but I do believe and example should be made out of this incident. Jail time, or a ban of hunting for many years. I don't wish any physical harm on the people involved, but there should definitely be a major punishment.

Exactly

When people say "it's just an animal" that blows my mind. Torturing any living creature for fun is wrong on so many levels. Cannot believe people are actually trying to find ways to accept or minimize this behavior. Unreal.

Trapping coons?
Trapping Wolves?

I’m not even going to debate with you. Seems like your just trying to stir the pot with your comments. Not sure how you can compare that to purposely torturing a paralyzed deer.
crankn101
500 Club

Unread postby crankn101 » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:08 am

What you view as normal many thousands of people across the US think its animal torture or cruelty, thats all im saying.
Thesouthpaw
500 Club

Unread postby Thesouthpaw » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:45 am

Dewey wrote:
crankn101 wrote:
Dewey wrote:

Exactly

Trapping coons?
Trapping Wolves?

I’m not even going to debate with you. Seems like your just trying to stir the pot with your comments. Not sure how you can compare that to purposely torturing a paralyzed deer.

I agree, Dewey. Not sure what Crankn's motive is, but I don't spend my days trying to get grasshoppers to fight, or burning ants with a magnifying glass, nor did I in my younger years. If I kill an animal, I do it as quickly as I possibly can. Other than that, I do my best to let animals live peacefully.
Anything worth doing, is worth over doing.
cjw5136

Unread postby cjw5136 » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:31 am

https://www.media.pa.gov/Pages/Game-Com ... newsid=359

Charges were filed for this incident
EllieTheChubb

Unread postby EllieTheChubb » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:16 am

Hope they throw the book at them.
wolverinebuckman
500 Club

Unread postby wolverinebuckman » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:22 am

Wow, those are some serious charges, with some serious punishments possible. The 17 year old will likely get by with less than he actually needs to be set on a corrective path, but I also can't see sending the 18 year old to prison for 7+ years... that won't be a benefit either. Tough call. Maybe some time in jail, coupled with a solid fine, and many hours of community service?
Bummer of a birthmark, Hal.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:52 am

Play stupid games. Win stupid prizes. :clap:
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:28 am

Guy robbed 4 banks in New York and freed because some bail reform and went on to rob a fifth bank, and yet people wanna hang 2 kids for kicking a deer in the head a few times. :think:
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:56 am

Bowhunting Brian wrote:Guy robbed 4 banks in New York and freed because some bail reform and went on to rob a fifth bank, and yet people wanna hang 2 kids for kicking a deer in the head a few times. :think:

Let me ask you this......would you feel the same way if they were beating and kicking a little kid in the head?

Odds are if they abuse animals I’m betting they have a much higher chance of physically abusing people later in life.

I must say it surprises me when guys say poachers never get penalized enough yet torturing an animal is no big deal. I personally would like to see them rot in jail for awhile and don’t think that’s excessive at all.
Bowhunting Brian
500 Club

Unread postby Bowhunting Brian » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:18 am

Dewey wrote:
Bowhunting Brian wrote:Guy robbed 4 banks in New York and freed because some bail reform and went on to rob a fifth bank, and yet people wanna hang 2 kids for kicking a deer in the head a few times. :think:

Let me ask you this......would you feel the same way if they were beating and kicking a little kid in the head?

Odds are if they abuse animals I’m betting they have a much higher chance of physically abusing people later in life.

I must say it surprises me when guys say poachers never get penalized enough yet torturing an animal is no big deal. I personally would like to see them rot in jail for awhile and don’t think that’s excessive at all.

1). I would be sickened far more if they did it to a little kid or any human.

2). No one knows how they will turn out in the future. A real stiff punishment may not help them. May even hurt them and destroy their lives.

3). I never said anything about poaching fines or that this is no big deal.

Laws are not perfect. Our system also needs to be reformed, that's for sure. These kids need to face what they did and be punished for sure, but not for animal cruelty since they were in the act of hunting. That can help the antis and could hurt hunting, trapping, and fishing in the future. I do think the charges are too harsh when we have real criminals paying far less.
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:29 am

Bowhunting Brian wrote:
Dewey wrote:

1). I would be sickened far more if they did it to a little kid or any human.

2). No one knows how they will turn out in the future. A real stiff punishment may not help them. May even hurt them and destroy their lives.

3). I never said anything about poaching fines or that this is no big deal.

Laws are not perfect. Our system also needs to be reformed, that's for sure. These kids need to face what they did and be punished for sure, but not for animal cruelty since they were in the act of hunting. That can help the antis and could hurt hunting, trapping, and fishing in the future. I do think the charges are too harsh when we have real criminals paying far less.

I think they need to serve some jail time but betting they probably won’t. Also like I mentioned in an earlier post they should have to put in a bunch of community service specifically with the DNR or FIsh & Game agency.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”