2011 BIG BUCK CONTEST (Participants/Prizes)

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

2011 BIG BUCK CONTEST (Participants/Prizes)

Unread postby dan » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:43 am

That time of year again... Time for the annual big buck contest!!!

Here is how I would like to work it... You must pre-enter before you harvest your buck by posting a reply to this post stating that you are "in". You must enter before Sept 17th, 2011. Any legal method of harvest can be used. Must be "fair chase". We reserve the right to exclude any person from this contest if we have reason to suspect the law was violated during the hunt. When you kill a legal antlered deer, you post a picture of it and a brief story. Any species of deer may be entered. Multiple bucks may be entered.

After the end of the season all the forum 500 club members will be asked to read the stories and view the pic's and vote on there favorite hunter/deer based on size, weapon, hardship, age of hunter, disability of hunter, etc. The one with the most votes gets 1st place, second most, 2nd place.... and 3rd place etc... and will get to pick prizes based on what place they took, until we are out of prizes.

If anyone else would like to donate a prize please let me know.

I will not be participating in winning a prize, but everyone else is eligible. This contest is to thank you Guys / Gal's for all your support.

~~~Dan's disclaimer:
We are not responsible for prizes that are not delivered by the people donating them. If you can't make the dates available, or you dislike the prize, well, tuff... Feel free to email or contact the donor prior to choosing your prize. Once you choose your prize, your choice is final. No (trip) prize can be sold, traded, or given to another person without permission of the donor granting the prize... Choose wisely.

*Winners outside the United States are responsible for shipping costs.

In the event of a tie. The names will be entered into a random generator and ties will be broke this way from now on.

----------------------------------------------------------------
#1. 5 Day 6 night guided black bear hunt! 5th Place Winner / Bucky

The lucky winner of this hunt will travel to Nova Scotia Canada in Sept 2011 for a bear hunt of a lifetime!
Hunting BEAST would like to thank Jamie of Cobequid big game outfitters
for this hunt! http://www.cobequidbiggameoutfitters.com/
Includes lodging, airport pick-up, drop off, and transportaion during the hunt. . ( Food and license NOT included )
Jamie has a walk-in cooler and will help you track, skin and debone your bear.
License not included...( Approximately $130 )
Besides bears, Jamie also outfits deer hunters and fisherman. You could even do a bear / deer fall combo.

-------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------

#2 ~~ 5 1/2 DAY GUIDED TROPHY WHITETAIL BOWHUNT With TALL TINE OUTFITTERS 1st Place Winner / Jackson Marsh
Dates can be decided later. Winner will hunt outside of the rut. Upgradable to rut for difference in cost. Includes lodging at either camp. Joe Gizdic, owner of Tall Tines has been getting a reputation for having clients knock down some SERIOUS whitetails. Many official Booners have dropped on his managed lands... Joe and Me go way back. Joe has been friends with Me for many years. This is a great opportunity. Joe has managed land in Illinois. Good luck winning! You can contact Joe thru his website: http://www.talltineoutfitters.net/ While your on his site, page thru his deer kill pic's !!! :shock:
Joe is already seeing several HUGE bucks...

---------------------------------------------------------------

#3/b] ~~ Russ & Gerry Wegner of Adrenalin Fishing Charters LLC 414-333-5552 [b]3rd Place Winner / PredatorTc
is donating a 5 hour Lake Michigan Fishing charter ~ 3rd place Winner / Predator TC[/b][/u][/color]
Winners must be able to come along on the date of the trip or forfeit prize. We will try or best to make a date that will work for everyone.
Sometime April through the end of May. Trip must be used before June 1st.
All fish cleaned and bagged
April fishing is out of Milwaukee for Brown Trout in the 3-30 pound range. Fast action and limit catches are common. May fishing is usually out of Racine or Kenosha for coho salmon in the 3-5 pound range with a mixed bag of all species. Fishing is usually very good with some of the best eating fish of the year. CHECK OUT THERE WEBSITE: http://www.adrenalinfishingcharters.com
Also check out the posts and pictures from past trips in the great lakes fishing forum on this site.
Dan has fished with Russ and crew and highly recommends them

#4 ~~ Once again a big thanks goes out to Jay Trudell of Trudell Outdoor adventures, TV and taxidermy studios for donating a certificate good for a whitetail head and shoulder mount or it could also be used as a $500 credit toward a higher end mount, like a life-size or an elk head and shoulder… 2nd Place Winner / Magicman54494

Jay Trudell

Trudell Outdoor Adventures,

TV and Taxidermy Studios

http://www.trudelloutdooradventures.com

262-443-3102

#5 ~~ Chris ( Troutking ) Is once again donating a fishing trip in the Ozarks on the North Fork of the White. ( Missouri ) Two days of fishing, all rods, flies, leaders, etc. provided. Also, he will provide lodging and lunch in the drift boat. Thanks Chris! PM Troutking for details! 11th Place Winner / Brad Lamont

#6 ~~ Wisconsin stream trout expert Len Harris has once again donated a two person trout fishing Trip. 13th Place Winner / Mountain Man

Good for One Year Of The Date Issued. Len will supply lures/flies/worms. Also supply photos of outing. To find out more about Lens fascinating trout expeditions check out his posts on our trout fishing forum and visit his Blog:
http://lenharris.blogspot.com/2010/07/d ... beast.html

THANKS LEN! 8-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#7 ~~ Chris Kittlson of PRONGHORN PRODUCTION TV would like to once again donate a 1/2 day videoed hunt of the winner's choice (in other words they pick a species to hunt here in Wi. and he will tag along and video it for them) Limited to within 100 miles of Chris unless the winner wants to pay for travel. He will even edit the hunt and give the winner a DVD copy! Be sure to check out his website! http://www.pronghornproductions.net/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

#8 ~~ John Kitscha of Ultrec has donated a great pair of 16X60 NcStar binoculars. 8th Place Winner / BigHunt

These bino's are huge and great for long distance scouting!
And---
~~ Chris Kittlson of PRONGHORN PRODUCTION TV would like to once again donate
1 of his DVD's
----------------------------------------------------------------

#9 ~~ Dan and John Kitscha are teaming up to Donate a "HuntingBeast" camera arm with a standard pistol grip pan head. 4th Place Winner / Bowhunter15

Click this link for more info about the camera arm: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1891
and ~~ Chris Kittlson of PRONGHORN PRODUCTION TV would like to once again donate
1 of his DVD's
#10 ~~ Our very own Muddy has once again Donated a 3 pack of DVD's from the group he films for "Outreach Outdoors" a Christian hunting / filming group. 7th Place Winner / Spysar

I got to meet these guys at the Madison deer show last spring. Great folks!

Learn more about the DVD's and the people in them at:
http://www.outreachoutdoors.com/dvd/

AND...
~~ Uncle Lou and his famous "Treestand silencing store" Has again come thru with a great donation.
Visit The Treestand Silencing Store at: http://www.stealthoutdoors.com A RunNGun BARK Silencer- addresses the most overlooked source of noise in treestand hunting. and a set of Dan Infalt Signature Series Cable Silencers.

AND- A package of Stealth Strips. A package contains approximately 20 feet by 1 7/8 inch of peel and stick microsuede to quiet and/or cover - treestands, cameras, camera arms, climbing sticks, and practically anything a hunter could think of to reduce shine, eliminate metal to metal contact, and reduce noise.

#11 ~~ Huntingbeast supporter and member "Deerslayer" has made a large donation of food plot seed from his new seed company. Deerslayer has a vast knowledge of seed and seed mixes and food plotting. 10th Place Winner / Stanley

You can contact Deerslayer at this email if you have questions about his seeds or foodplotting: info@slayerseed.com

Deer slayer has donated the following:

Brassica Buffet one 1/2 acre bag & one 1/4 acre bag

Pure Clover one 1/2 acre bag & one 1/4 acre bag

Brassica Buffet & Pure Clover I described in my announcement, but these next two I didn't because they aren't available yet so I will include a brief description here.

AWESOME ANTLERS one 1/2 acre bag & two 1/4 acre bags.
Awesome Antlers is an extremely attractive and nutritious Perennial mix. More so than any other Perennial mix I have seen on the market. It has small burnett, chicory and clover just to name a few.

Crimson Trail three 1/4 acre bags
Crimson Trail is primarily intended to be used as a kill plot. However, it can also be used as a very attractive fall destination plot. It has plants that require minimal seed bed preparation. Namely no tillage, but also plants that sprout easily and are able to withstand relatively acid soil while any lime you may have applied has a chance to work to adjust the soil so your plants can really begin to thrive and become more palatable. There will be High sugar grasses, acid tolerant clover, brassica's and more in this mix. It will be primarily an annual, but some plants can come back the following year depending on conditions. I named it Crimson Trail because that is exactly what I intended it to produce. A "Crimson Trail" of blood for you to follow to your deer.

AND... ~~ Chris Kittlson of PRONGHORN PRODUCTION TV would like to once again donate
1 of his DVD's

#12 ~~ Mike Billig of Sportsman's Connection http://www.sportsmansconnection.com/
would like to donate an "ALL OUTDOORS ATLAS" 12th Place Winner / BOO

( The same atlas "Dan uses to find public and MFL land ) The winner will get to choose one of the Atlases from;
Wisconsin
Michigan
Minnesota
New York
or
Pennsylvania

AND...~~ Chris Kittlson of PRONGHORN PRODUCTION TV would like to once again donate
1 of his DVD's

#13 ~~ Uncle Lou and his famous "Treestand silencing store" Has again come thru with a great donation.
Visit The Treestand Silencing Store at: http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

1- World's Quietest Bowhunting Coat, a Stealth Outdoors exclusive

& A RunNGun BARK Silencer- addresses the most overlooked source of noise in treestand hunting. and a set of Dan Infalt Signature Series Cable Silencers.

AND- A package of Stealth Strips. A package contains approximately 20 feet by 1 7/8 inch of peel and stick microsuede to quiet and/or cover - treestands, cameras, camera arms, climbing sticks, and practically anything a hunter could think of to reduce shine, eliminate metal to metal contact, and reduce noise.

AND... ~~ Chris Kittlson of PRONGHORN PRODUCTION TV would like to once again donate
1 of his DVD's

--------------------------------------------------------------

#14 Andrew Hooyman is once again donating a Hooyman extendable saw to the deer contest. 6th Place Winner / Public Land Beast

Thanks Andrew! Check out his website at: http://www.hooymansaws.com

AND...
~~ Uncle Lou and his famous "Treestand silencing store" Has again come thru with a great donation.
Visit The Treestand Silencing Store at: http://www.stealthoutdoors.com A RunNGun BARK Silencer- addresses the most overlooked source of noise in treestand hunting. and a set of Dan Infalt Signature Series Cable Silencers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#15 from Brad Lamont
I would like to donate an antler plaque mount on your choice of 2 walnut boards, and the covering of your choice. Estimated turn around time will be 3-5 months but may be sooner depending on how fast I complete my projects that I have started. Winner is responsible for shipping the antlers to me (or dropping them off), I will pay return shipping.

Shield design
http://www.taxidermyarts.com/catalog/in ... =27_43_533

classic rounded
http://www.taxidermyarts.com/catalog/in ... =2a&page=2

Your choice of covers
http://www.taxidermyarts.com/catalog/in ... 90_145_151

I will order the correct size panel based on the size of the rack once I receive the antlers.

Here are 2 examples of my work

magicman54494
500 Club

Re: 2011 BIG BUCK CONTEST

Unread postby magicman54494 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:48 am

in
Beauford

Unread postby Beauford » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:05 am

put my name down I'm feeling lucky this year
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:10 am

im in to
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:12 am

Oh yeah I'm in!!! 8-)
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
JRM6868
The Terminator

Unread postby JRM6868 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:23 am

I'm in

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:23 am

in
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
RUTIN
Facebook: Zach Taylor

Unread postby RUTIN » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:26 am

DEf in!
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:41 am

I'm in!! 8-)
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:45 am

count me in..
wmihunter

Unread postby wmihunter » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:08 am

count me in!
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:15 am

Me too
mcmidc

Unread postby mcmidc » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:19 am

I'm in
Mountain Man
500 Club

Unread postby Mountain Man » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:27 am

I'm in.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:35 am

I'm in unless 8/2 causes worldwide destruction, the Aztecs are right, or Nostradamus is correct.

Lets Just say I'm in.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”