A prediction

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
DropTyne
500 Club

Re: A prediction

Unread postby DropTyne » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:06 pm

I will let you know, if I remember.........

As others have said re-post or remind people a week or so before and then keep bumping the post until the day or days that will be hunted. I would say most regular members that come here and post/hunt alot would be happy to share if they can remember to do so, and a reminder is all that will be needed.

Can't wait to here what the outcome is.

DROPTYNE

"Obsessed is a Word the Lazy Use to Describe the Dedicated"
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:09 pm

magicman54494 wrote:I don't mean to be a stick in the mud but aren't you biasing your study by pre releasing the dates which may prompt people to hunt those days and times? BTW wouldn't you need to know of success on days and times other than the listed ones to see if there was an increase in success or activity?

Too bad I'll be tagged out way before then. :lol:
If by some unbelievable twist of fate I'm not tagged out I'll gladly play along. 8-)

I actually have several people that are going to be maintaining a journal of the season. I will ask specifics for those that experience any activity on said dates and time frames. This is the only public place that I am am asking this. 1. because we have the best and most serious of hunters here. 2. Because I know that most people here hunt similar to Dan's methods and will be hunting specific animals and have some of the best opportunities to prove my theory. 3. I trust that the people here are honest and want to make sure that people pay specific attention to keep good records for those dates and times and not forget.

Like I said I have other people actually collecting and analyzing the data for me as well that are part of my biologist friends research team. Everyone here is good about posting all of their sightings and successes and I will be watching those and questioning as well. I am either on to something or I have been gather a WHOLE LOT of coincidental data this past year. We shall see. :D
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:11 pm

DropTyne wrote:I will let you know, if I remember.........

As others have said re-post or remind people a week or so before and then keep bumping the post until the day or days that will be hunted. I would say most regular members that come here and post/hunt alot would be happy to share if they can remember to do so, and a reminder is all that will be needed.

Can't wait to here what the outcome is.

Will do guys. I had planned on it, but wanted to make sure if anyone was scheduling time to hunt they might have the advance needed to consider these times.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:30 pm

Everyone one of your dates and listed times is either a major or minor period for the day. Am I missing something? :?

This assuming your study is moon related.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:23 pm

Hodag Hunter wrote:Everyone one of your dates and listed times is either a major or minor period for the day. Am I missing something? :?

This assuming your study is moon related.

This statement is true however is not specifically what is being examined. I simply can't post specifics right now, but it is definitely more in depth then that. Of course most deer sightings are on the brink of dawn and dusk and the 10-2 time period has always been a productive time during the rut so this seems very non-revolutionary and quite obvious. Currently the plan is to continue these test through all four seasons ending December 2012. I have already compared a ton of historical data not all related to harvests from many resources including that of insurance agencies and deer vehicle collisions. One of the things I didn't mention in my response to my good friend Magicman is that of the information I posted some of the most specific data is not posed in question and that can be resolved in follow up. I will do my best to respond to any questions or comments without revealing specifics, so please don't take offense if my responses seem vague. Just know that whoever decides to participate is genuinely participating in something worthwhile to help in our knowledge of whitetail deer behavior. Thanks everyone for your support.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:44 am

I'm game, hopefully I can help you out and lay down a slob! So when do we get any details on your theory?
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:09 pm

does your data include any morning dates?
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:42 pm

always up for helping a fellow BEAST.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:45 pm

magicman54494 wrote:does your data include any morning dates?

We are hoping for development but thus far ironically enough all movement tracked so far has been before civil twilight and have not had pattern-able daylight movement in the mornings. We have a few thousand pics of morning movement, but no real rhyme or reason can be determined even based on bedding.
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:01 pm

headgear wrote:I'm game, hopefully I can help you out and lay down a slob! So when do we get any details on your theory?

We are going to keep tracking data until December 2012. However if we have any evidence that disproves the theory then there will be no harm in revealing the data sooner. Honestly if it weren't for the hard work and support of my biologist friend and his willingness to support this with his entire field staff and resources then I would have no problem sharing. It is simply unfair for me to drain his resources and not respect his wishes. Like all things with deer there are SOOO many factors that have to be considered (such as pressure, location, food sources, weather,seasons...yada,yada,yada) that it has ended up being more labor intensive then I even originally anticipated. Luckily I have smarter people than myself helping :D
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:20 pm

:lol: :lol:
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:37 am

Im sure those dates have to do with this years moon phase or weather cycle, but last year November 14th was the most action packed day I ever had on stand, I saw 5 bucks in 20 minutes and shot the buck in my avatar (biggest buck I saw that day) 15 minutes before dark.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:57 am

I'm in, anything to help a fellow Beast!
lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Unread postby lungbuster » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:02 am

I'll play, I'm going to try to keep a more accurate journal this year of my sightings and kill times.
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:21 am

I have to agree with Magic on this. It would have been better to ask for a log of the days you hunted and what you observed. However your end results will be interesting. Might I also suggest you contact a couple of the guys on another site to see if they will share their data with you? They have compiled thousands of pictures and know the times/dates of them. Read through the posts in this link and you will know which 2 guys to contact. :D

http://www.chasingame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15975&start=15
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”