Card pull....about time!

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

RUTIN
Facebook: Zach Taylor

Re: Card pull....about time!

Unread postby RUTIN » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:46 am

Looking good man, def some chasers

tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:58 am

cool pics.
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:01 am

dude nice 8-) i cant wait to check my camera im going this sunday to monroe county to pull cards
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
hoyt

Unread postby hoyt » Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:15 am

Nice bucks, I got one I got to pull...if it will ever get under 100's. Long, uphill walk. Batteries are probably dead.
DevinJD2007
500 Club

Unread postby DevinJD2007 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:19 pm

Nice! 8-)
ah110

Unread postby ah110 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:25 pm

thanks guys!

hoyt wrote:Nice bucks, I got one I got to pull...if it will ever get under 100's. Long, uphill walk. Batteries are probably dead.

yea man i hear ya. i wanna get out and hang some stands but its 95+ and humid. cant wait for october!
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:26 pm

good character, good luck with those boys!
When better is possible, good is never good enough
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Wow those are some really nice bucks.

This property and the public ground gets hit hard

Wish there was a way to define hit hard. Hope this doesn't come across to negative, but if it was hunted hard like Michigan you wouldn't have pictures of big bucks like that to post.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt
ah110

Unread postby ah110 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:56 pm

kenn1320 wrote:Wow those are some really nice bucks.

This property and the public ground gets hit hard

Wish there was a way to define hit hard. Hope this doesn't come across to negative, but if it was hunted hard like Michigan you wouldn't have pictures of big bucks like that to post.

no i hear ya. im in a bow only county so theres no pressure from guns (legally anyway). but the public land is about 300 acres and opening day theres probably 20-30 cars and during a given day during the season theres on average 5 or so. The private ground im on has me an about 3 other hunters that consistently hunt it legally. theres alot of trespassers and guys who get dropped off. i would go as far to say that theres a hunter that hunters nearly every square acre in the county.

heres a buck from the same spot that i was chasing. i had him 300 yards from me in october but couldnt close the deal. he was shot in november by the caretaker at the neighboring estate. he scored around 150 and was aged at 3.5.
ah110

Unread postby ah110 » Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:01 pm

Found a picture of crab claw from last season. hes a nice 7 this year. hope he makes it another season.
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Thu Jul 21, 2011 6:41 pm

I really like those Wild Game Innovations cameras A LOT. The only thing that has kept me from buying one is that I have read an unusually high number of complaints about their cams not working for long or even right out of the box sometimes. If it wasn't for that I think they would be an awesome deal. How many do you have and what has your experience and that of others you know been?
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
GRFox
500 Club

Unread postby GRFox » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:38 am

DEERSLAYER wrote:I really like those Wild Game Innovations cameras A LOT. The only thing that has kept me from buying one is that I have read an unusually high number of complaints about their cams not working for long or even right out of the box sometimes. If it wasn't for that I think they would be an awesome deal. How many do you have and what has your experience and that of others you know been?

Im thinking the reviews you are reading are of the older first generation Wildgames. I have four and ah110 has two, and they all work great.

I just encountered my first problem with a year old camera. It dosnt turn on, I called wildgame and they said ship it to this address with this number written on the box and we will send you a brand new one. I expressed that my camera was completely textured with PL200 and painted full Camo. They said they don't care about all that and just send it back.

Hey, for 65 bucks and that customer service, I wont be spending 200 dollars on a cam that does the same job as the 65 dollar one. I don't pay much attention to reviews. Most people only write reviews when something goes wrong.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
ah110

Unread postby ah110 » Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:07 pm

DEERSLAYER wrote:I really like those Wild Game Innovations cameras A LOT. The only thing that has kept me from buying one is that I have read an unusually high number of complaints about their cams not working for long or even right out of the box sometimes. If it wasn't for that I think they would be an awesome deal. How many do you have and what has your experience and that of others you know been?

yea ive read alot of bad reviews as well. ive had really good luck with mine so far.

the only thing that i dislike about the camera is it has a long recovery time.
Swampthing
500 Club

Unread postby Swampthing » Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:14 pm

Which model are these pics from and how much was the camera?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Czabs
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Behind-T ... 0697772652

Unread postby Czabs » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:20 pm

AWESOME PICS! I have the same model camera, only thing I can complain about is its trigger speed sucks.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”