Whitetail addictions / or tactical Beast style????

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

gjs4
500 Club

Re: Whitetail addictions / or tactical Beast style????

Unread postby gjs4 » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:15 pm

DVDS- totally- theyre more from the heart- less fluff/editing/entertainment necessary...just down and dirty how to.....

Green and growing... Or red and rotting
Buckfever
500 Club

Unread postby Buckfever » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:23 pm

I would say that whatever you and Andrae really want to do, is what id suggest. What is it that you guys have a passion for right now. What is it at this point in your accomplished careers D
do you want to focus on. Because that's what makes for success regardless of the endeavor.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:40 pm

I think either will work, but a blend of the two may be best. You could have maybe two hunts a show and do a brief overview with maps and/or aerials of where a buck was bedded, why he was there that day, why the hunter set up where he did, entrance time and rout. Sort of like you do on here when you help someone. You could analyze what the situation was and why things went the way they did all on maps. It doesn't have to cover all the possibilities or show actual footage of beds, trails, runs, etc.

Then you could also have a "commercial" at the end of the show stating that if they want all the details including in depth tips, tactics and in the field scouting, etc to help them become a Beast Slayer too then they can go to http://www.thehuntingbeast.com to buy the DVD's. That should dramatically increase sales and membership.

I think you also need to continue to make some DVD's such as a farm video and a big woods video. Maybe after that even a habitat/food plot video. I could even help with that one if you want when the time comes. It could be made very in depth and informative.

Just my 2 cents.
You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:41 pm

I would rather see the tactical/ beast style show and I like the idea of each show featuring a different hunter. This is the type of hunting show I prefer to watch but there are really none available right now.

Everything on tv now is all about selling a sponsors product with very little if any groundbreaking hunting techniques. I'm pretty much done with the entertainment side of hunting shows and will only watch shows that actually teach you something that can be used on land that is not trophy managed.
It would be neat seeing average guys explaining what they do to increase their success and what better place to find them than here with all of the great hunters we have.
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Wed Jul 13, 2011 11:15 pm

It depends on your goal.
If you want to sell videos to make a living, I believe WA format would be appealing to more people. Being entertained is the name of the game in our culture. However, I don't think many mainstream hunters film their hunts so coming up with raw materials may be difficult.
If your goal is to build a bigger,better Hunting Beast culture then clearly the tactical videos are the better choice. Their are so many great hunters on the Beast. You have your raw materials right here. I'm sure many Beasts could easily provide the information you would need to make a show. How they found their hunting property, the cyber scouting, pictures of their on foot scouting, the actual kill, an interview etc.
And who knows, maybe mainstream hunting is looking for this type of enertainment.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:33 am

The question wasn't "what do you think other people would think or like" its what do YOU personally want to see given that choice.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:41 am

Hi, Andrae. I hope all is well.......... :D
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
KLEMZ

Unread postby KLEMZ » Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:25 am

I would prefer the Beast style tactical show.
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:08 am

Beast style for the exact reasons you posted Dan. A guy could throw In a addiction type show every 3 weeks or so.
tim
500 Club

Unread postby tim » Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:29 am

i would rather see beast style. 1 hunter from start to finish for the episode with complete explanation of the entire hunt.topos , history with killed deer or what led up to the kill, trail cam photos all of it all the work that goes into it, filming obstacles... i would also prefer the hunter doing the narrating, i hate listening to some corny commercial style voice trying to talk hunting. let the hunter do all the talking or say ,dan does all the talking every week but not some random voice that has nothing to do with the show to me that is much more PERSONAL/believable and holds the viewers attention. .
Beason
500 Club

Unread postby Beason » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:53 am

Tactics beast style. Otherwise, you'll just be another Midwest Whitetail show. If it's on tv, I won't have time to watch it.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:57 am

As Zap stated people want entertainment in a show. Personally I think you'd be better off making it into a DVD and selling it like you have been.

I like entertainment for tv shows. I like education on regular DVD because I can back up and listen again if need be.
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
UPbowhunter
Facebook: todd freeman

Unread postby UPbowhunter » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:12 am

Do something with a little of both. But make it different then both. Have fun and be yourself. You should have hb guys you can interveiw or show case their hunts, that they videoed.
Go Go Epic Stuff, Seek Wilderness
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:16 am

I wouldn't even think of anything different than the tatical show.......isn't that what this whole website is about?

I would strongly suggest making a DVD of the show, (I'm sure your going too)
anybody with any desire to learn; who evens only catches one episode on TV, will be drawn to the DVD.

Nothing wrong with showing a few new faces on the show from time to time but someone(Dan and Andrae) have to be constantly on the show week to week in some form. People/viewers and myself like some form of consistancy when gathering/learning new information.

Good luck, can't wait to see it.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:59 am

I agree with Hodag that tactical is what this site is about. You'd be doing yourselves and the members a disservice turning into a whack em and stack em show even if it is average joes. I think abandoning those core beliefs and the things that are the heart of this site may lose you some respect/followers. I want tactical!

Also, as someone else mentioned with heartland bowhunter their editing and camera work and crisp images is what makes their shows. If you guys aren't using top of the line equipment and capturing nature and all of the stuff in the woods because you are hunting close to bedding areas then we need tactical and reasoning as to why you are set up where you were and how it helps put you on bigger deer but its harder to put on such a grand scale production.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”