Your favorite whitetail hunt on film, dvd

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

1bhtr

Re: Your favorite whitetail hunt on film, dvd

Unread postby 1bhtr » Thu May 05, 2016 1:58 pm

I remember watching the first Drury Whitetail madness in the late 90's and those are the video's that really got me to catch the bowhunting bug. Specifically the hunt where Terry is going in late and sees a buck dogging does out in the field, so he slips in along the creek and rattles you see the buck come charging in with the sun on his back and blowing steam everywhere and then the shot is true... That hunt is probably etched in my brain as if I did it myself... Here's a link to the article in their book...

https://books.google.com/books?id=xFreY ... nd&f=false

<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:48 am

Bump

Just purchased Roger Raglin's Invading Buck Bedding Areas. I bought it bc while searching around, it was the only copy online so I snagged it. Is it any good?
Boogieman1
500 Club

Unread postby Boogieman1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:01 am

Darkknight54 wrote:Bump

Just purchased Roger Raglin's Invading Buck Bedding Areas. I bought it bc while searching around, it was the only copy online so I snagged it. Is it any good?

Don't no, but believe he bounces around from one guided hunt to another. Not sure what kind of info he has that relates to a guy hunting in the real world. I haven't watched a lot of DVDs but my fav that I have seen is bow hunting October whitetails. It's old and compared to today's footage the quality stinks but I really enjoyed it.
Life is hard; It’s even harder if you are stupid.
-John Wayne-
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:33 am

Here is a good one for you guys. This is from Fitzgeralds Corn Crazed Whitetails. Love those old videos and this is what hunting is all about. These days seems they all focus only on big bucks. I really miss real down to earth stuff like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8mp7NFDSnA
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:02 am

I love this video. Toad Smith Hunting Whitetail in the Corn
He gives me confidence that its possible and I can do it.

https://youtu.be/g1iTtqgnOeQ
stash59

Unread postby stash59 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:16 am

Couple of my old favorites. 'Bowhunting October Whitetails'. Tom Storms, 'Decoying Trophy Whitetails'. Yeah the last one is pixie dust stuff, but the footage of that buck attacking the decoy was the coolest thing I had ever seen up to that time.

I like all of Curtis's 'Behind the Bow stuff'. Was under a rock while out in Montana and didn't know about Andrae's stuff. Haven't seen anything but a couple of clips. To me Dan's are just as entertaining as educational.

For some exciting elk hunts The 'Born and Raised Outdoors' crew can't be beat. All of their new stuff is going straight on YouTube. Along with some older stuff. Currently in the middle of their Colorado hunts from last year. These guys are elk hunting "Beasts".
Happiness is a large gutpile!!!!!!!
Tennhunter3
500 Club

Unread postby Tennhunter3 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:37 am

I think my favorite was Dans YouTube video of quest for giant buck.

Dan takes you day by day as he hunts it. Shows his stand switches each day. The days he sees nothing and hunts hard. Was awesome to watch the failures that lead to success from hard work. All done on public land.

I do not consider pro tv hunters real hunters they just pay a real hunter to put them in the best tree on deer farms. Any hunter could look great like that.

It's always selling a new product which is like hey what we sold last year was bad this new ones better so buy it. Next years call will always be better the last years.

I stopped watching Realtree Primos Drury vids years ago. No offense to these big company's but they would not be that good on real public ground with pressured deer.They teach new hunters that the sport is easy just sit over a food plot which gives the sport a bad impression.
Never give up Freedom for imagined safety.
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:22 pm

I feel this is a must for the thread. Im sure this moment was important to Dan when its was captured. What a great buck! Props to Dan for releasing it after a bad shot and lost deer. Its kind funny how the balance of life works like that...if you believe in that sprt of thing. He was able to capture the bedded buck on film after spring scouting it and picking the exact tree he would hunt, only to still bring viewers lessons to learn from and confirmation.

HB TV: #3 HUNTING BEDDED BUCKS
https://youtu.be/hD396slTRO4

One of my favorite HB Episode comes from BigHunt. This hunt really got me pumped for the fall awhile back. He is a really nice guy and fun to watch succeed. This video gave me inspiration to want an experience and setup like Tyler had. Amazingly, I was able to re create it (mostly) but couldn't capitalize. The only differences I felt was that we had a bad autumn for nostalgic leaf colors and it happened a week later. Bc of his post shot reaction and breakdown, I never felt happier for someone.

HB TV: #8 SETTING GOALS w/ Tyler Whitt
https://youtu.be/KtxgQKiFgSk
MDSikajunkie

Unread postby MDSikajunkie » Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:46 pm

This is one I find captivating. Clay Hayes late season spot and stalk. Even though there is no kill.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuPbcictNE0
It's different from the eastern style of hunting but down to earth. He has several vids. I like the Untamed also.
I appreciate his "approach " and in one of his videos he says:

"How meaningful something is to you on a personal level is directly influenced by how hard it is to get"

This makes me think of all the Beast's on here. That is, in my opinion, why we are driven to hunt the way Dan shows us.

Lastly, I love watching any Traditional bowhunts. Especially, when they are unguided or self filmed etc...
<DK>
500 Club

Unread postby <DK> » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:55 am

:text-bump:
Darkknight54 wrote:Just purchased Roger Raglin's Invading Buck Bedding Areas. I bought it bc while searching around, it was the only copy online so I snagged it. Is it any good?

Bumping to say this video is a instant classic! I couldnt be happier buying when I did bc it has turned into one of my all time favorite videos.

I have to 2nd that review for the video Bow Hunting Oct Whitetails. I just purchased it and watching for the first time... For the times these videos were made, by far the most whitetail education iv absorbed - besides the Beast.
hunter10
500 Club

Unread postby hunter10 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:52 am

dan wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:
JJWI wrote:Andre's buck that he missed before he shot the Flyer Buck. Loved he left the camera rolling and showed his sight pin all smashed up causing his miss and his comments explaining the scenario. Then he goes back after that same buck, kills him and is p.oed that the buck has broke off a tine. The guy has high standards for himself and doesn't give any lip service when the tape is rolling, and tells it like it is. To bad more people that are in front of the camera can't tell it like it is, instead of the "life is all sunny & blue skies" if you plant brand x and use products a, b and c. Hard work and the "get in there and get it done attitude"

I didnt realize people liked that kinda honesty JJWI. I was kinda surprised myself that it was not cut out. Anyone else have any thoughs or opinions on that hunt?

I went over to visit Andrea at his place in Iowa and he showed me the rough cuts of that show asking my opinions... I was kind of shocked that he wanted to use the "real" footage and not recreate the old " Oh well, he got away" crap that all the big shows do... Actually, I know Andrea better than that... But, I did tell him that I thought he should remove the "angry Andrea" footage. Heck, not only did it scare me, the camera even started shaking :lol:
Andrea said, ", everybody gets pissed off when things go wrong, and there ain't no reason to hide the truth... IT STAYS!"

If anybody is interested in any of Andreas Whitetail Addictions DVD's I have them all in stock right now....

Hey dan how can I get some info on these DVDs of andres or some info about what is included in each DVD
AAAK

Unread postby AAAK » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:45 pm

Hunting Beast Episode #3. This video is the reason I found The Hunting Beast. Love this video. It has a little bit of everything scouting, tactics, stand placement, and deer action. Very well done Dan!!!!! I enjoy Behind the Bow I can't imagine the amount of time he has to put forth to make the quality of video he does. Whitetail Adrenaline is really well done as well and it makes me laugh
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:31 pm

hunter10 wrote:
dan wrote:
PredatorTC wrote:
JJWI wrote:Andre's buck that he missed before he shot the Flyer Buck. Loved he left the camera rolling and showed his sight pin all smashed up causing his miss and his comments explaining the scenario. Then he goes back after that same buck, kills him and is p.oed that the buck has broke off a tine. The guy has high standards for himself and doesn't give any lip service when the tape is rolling, and tells it like it is. To bad more people that are in front of the camera can't tell it like it is, instead of the "life is all sunny & blue skies" if you plant brand x and use products a, b and c. Hard work and the "get in there and get it done attitude"

I didnt realize people liked that kinda honesty JJWI. I was kinda surprised myself that it was not cut out. Anyone else have any thoughs or opinions on that hunt?

I went over to visit Andrea at his place in Iowa and he showed me the rough cuts of that show asking my opinions... I was kind of shocked that he wanted to use the "real" footage and not recreate the old " Oh well, he got away" crap that all the big shows do... Actually, I know Andrea better than that... But, I did tell him that I thought he should remove the "angry Andrea" footage. Heck, not only did it scare me, the camera even started shaking :lol:
Andrea said, ", everybody gets pissed off when things go wrong, and there ain't no reason to hide the truth... IT STAYS!"

If anybody is interested in any of Andreas Whitetail Addictions DVD's I have them all in stock right now....

Hey dan how can I get some info on these DVDs of andres or some info about what is included in each DVD

nOT SURE... You probably would have a hard time finding any at this point unless someone on this site has some old used ones.
vovamir

Unread postby vovamir » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:41 am

dan wrote:nOT SURE... You probably would have a hard time finding any at this point unless someone on this site has some old used ones.

Were Andrae and Cody not planning to bring back Whitetail Addictions a few years ago with new content? I swear i saw a promo either on HB or youtube. Any idea if that ever happened?
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 5:04 am

vovamir wrote:
dan wrote:nOT SURE... You probably would have a hard time finding any at this point unless someone on this site has some old used ones.

Were Andrae and Cody not planning to bring back Whitetail Addictions a few years ago with new content? I swear i saw a promo either on HB or youtube. Any idea if that ever happened?

It happened for a short period and then was dropped.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”