Your favorite whitetail hunt on film, dvd

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

PASwamper

Re: Your favorite whitetail hunt on film, dvd

Unread postby PASwamper » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:17 am

I still have yet to see the Whitetail Addictions, sad to say it but I didn't even know who Andrea was until BBO videos I got a few months ago. I'll be checking into those videos soon!

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:25 am

Let me know when you want some PA... Some of them are better than the rest for the same price. For example, Volume #1 is double length. It has 21 hunts on it vs. the 10 or 11 on the rest. Andrea shoots his #2 typical Wisconsin buck breaking his own 9 year record of having the #2 position bow kill, knocking it down to number 3... I shoot an Iowa 8 pointer on that video as well...
venisonassassin
500 Club

Unread postby venisonassassin » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:30 am

PASwamper wrote:I still have yet to see the Whitetail Addictions, sad to say it but I didn't even know who Andrea was until BBO videos I got a few months ago. I'll be checking into those videos soon!

I never heard of him before I saw the marsh bucks dvd either, and I deprive myself of any kind of cable or dish tv so I don't see many hunting shows :?
Sam Ubl
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider

Unread postby Sam Ubl » Wed May 04, 2016 2:07 am

Resurrecting this old thread to see what some of the new guys to the forum have to say.
Chase Nation | Reality Hunting TV | http://www.chasenation.tv
Watch Chase Nation on Carbon TV: https://www.carbontv.com/shows/chase-na ... red-slider
Huntmore | http://www.huntmore.io/
DaveT1963
500 Club

Unread postby DaveT1963 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:19 am

Bowhunting October Whitetails..... To me this video changed the way hunting videos were done.... was one of the first instructional types. I know it got the fever burning hotter inside this stick slinger way back when.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
bkraus

Unread postby bkraus » Wed May 04, 2016 2:46 am

I like the whitetail adrenaline guys when there in kansas, and one of them is hiding behind a cut out deer decoy, then the buck there after is all comes in with its ears pinned back, then he pops up and shoots it.

cbay
500 Club

Unread postby cbay » Wed May 04, 2016 2:55 am

"Eye to Eye" with Alan Altizer had some hunts i still remember to this day. Maybe if i saw them now they wouldn't be as good but back in the late 80's those were the coolest hunts i ever saw. Gonna have to see if i can find that somewhere. Anyone remember those?
Scout.  Learn.  Hunt
Hawthorne
500 Club

Unread postby Hawthorne » Wed May 04, 2016 2:59 am

I don't watch has much hunting TV has I used to. Roger raglin had some awesome kills in some of his videos from the 90s. Lately just has impressed with Dan and Andreas kills

blizzardhunter
500 Club

Unread postby blizzardhunter » Wed May 04, 2016 5:06 am

cbay wrote:"Eye to Eye" with Alan Altizer had some hunts i still remember to this day. Maybe if i saw them now they wouldn't be as good but back in the late 80's those were the coolest hunts i ever saw. Gonna have to see if i can find that somewhere. Anyone remember those?

Best movie ever. I also liked the Arrows and Antlers movie.

seazofcheeze
500 Club

Unread postby seazofcheeze » Wed May 04, 2016 5:25 am

bkraus wrote:I like the whitetaiul adrenaline guys when there in kansas, and one of them is hiding behind a cut out deer decoy, then the buck there after is all comes in with its ears pinned back, then he pops up and shoots it.

x2. I also like Dans videos for the same reason. Both made me rethink what's possible when hunting whitetails. I never thought a guy could sneak up on a buck with a Montana decoy or set a tree stand up within a 100yds of a bedded buck. Both videos were educational AND entertaining.

Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Wed May 04, 2016 5:36 am

My favorites were anything from Ted Nugent, Dan Fitzgerald and Roger Raglin back when they started filming hunts in the late 80's-90's. Those are the hunting videos that got me seriously hooked on hunting. Nugent's Spirit Of The Wild VHS video series probably had the biggest impact.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
cbay
500 Club

Unread postby cbay » Wed May 04, 2016 5:43 am

blizzardhunter wrote:
cbay wrote:"Eye to Eye" with Alan Altizer had some hunts i still remember to this day. Maybe if i saw them now they wouldn't be as good but back in the late 80's those were the coolest hunts i ever saw. Gonna have to see if i can find that somewhere. Anyone remember those?

Best movie ever. I also liked the Arrows and Antlers movie.

Hey we're giving our age away you know. lol
Scout.  Learn.  Hunt
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Wed May 04, 2016 5:59 am

Those Alan Altizer videos were awesome videos. I like the buck he shoots in its bed when he takes his boots and socks off to stalk quiet through the mud

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
Josh_S
500 Club

Unread postby Josh_S » Wed May 04, 2016 7:21 am

Whitetail Adrenaline: The Reckoning...Jared Scheffler's Iowa long bow hunt on public land. While still hunting with the long bow, he located a buck that eventually bedded on the opposite ridge. Jared literally waited him out for hours, going in for the kill after the buck finally got up...This was in hill country, so Jared relied on terrain features to avoid being detected. Lots of skill, effort, planning, and patience required to take this buck in difficult circumstances, and no room for error. While not mentioned in detail, Jared's knowledge of bedding and thermals certainly played a role in this hunt.
muzzy125

Unread postby muzzy125 » Wed May 04, 2016 1:18 pm

Josh_S wrote:Whitetail Adrenaline: The Reckoning...Jared Scheffler's Iowa long bow hunt on public land. While still hunting with the long bow, he located a buck that eventually bedded on the opposite ridge. Jared literally waited him out for hours, going in for the kill after the buck finally got up...This was in hill country, so Jared relied on terrain features to avoid being detected. Lots of skill, effort, planning, and patience required to take this buck in difficult circumstances, and no room for error. While not mentioned in detail, Jared's knowledge of bedding and thermals certainly played a role in this hunt.

these guys have some decent videos out for sure, I don't think any of the new stuff is even close to the old Dan Fitzgerald movies or Lethal flight. Lethal flight has to be one of the best videos of all time and in my opinion Dan Fitzgeralds early videos were way ahead of all of the other videos of that time (showing my age). I don't think there is anything good on TV right now its all pretty terrible!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”