South Carolina

Boar Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Goober

South Carolina

Unread postby Goober » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:49 pm

I am headed down to South Carolina in a few weeks to visit a friend who is a firefighter in Myrtle Beach. We plan on doing some deep sea fishing, and would like to do some hog hunting too. he just moved down there about a year ago and doesn't really have any land connections, so wondering if anyone has some tips on where to start? I know it is a long shot, but worth a try!!!

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: South Carolina

Unread postby dan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:54 pm

Goob,
Read this article:
( click the link )
http://www.scgameandfish.com/hunting/bi ... C_0106_01/
Goober

Unread postby Goober » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:03 pm

thanks Dan. I read that one, alot of opportunities there, but most of them are over by the time I go down (1st week in April). That is the bummer about the hunting being an after thought of the trip (blasphemy, i know). I am hoping that we can knock on some doors and find some private land. The public lands only allow hug hunting during very specific hours, on private it is game on.
badfaulkner

Unread postby badfaulkner » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:52 am

Goober,

I speak from experience when I say many private land hunters in our great state view hogs as a scourge they want eradicated UNTIL you ask for an invite to hunt their land. Hook-ups are seldom forthcoming. Good luck, though, and thank you for your interest in hunting at the Palmetto State. I sent you a PM, also.
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:41 am

Good luck and sounds like a great trip ahead!!!!!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
Goober

Unread postby Goober » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:10 am

Badfaulkner: Thanks for the heads up. It sounds like we may have some land to hunt that is supposed to have some hogs. The friend that I am going to visit is a Firefighter in S. Myrtle Beach, and he has been asking around at work and should have some places to try!!! Where is SC do you do most of your hunting? We are also going to do some fishing while down there, any hot tips on good holes to try???
badfaulkner

Unread postby badfaulkner » Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:18 am

I only fish in the retention pond in our back yard. LOL.

I hunt mostly in nearby Marion County on WMA land but also quite a bit in the Francis Marion National Forest. A hardcore (i.e., a guy with LOTS of free time for scouting) could pattern some nice mature bucks at the FMNF and just an average weekender (like myself) could put meat in the freezer just by scouting drainages and edge habitats near creeks.

• Advertisement

Return to “Boar Hunting”