Marsh Bucks

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Buckfever
500 Club

Marsh Bucks

Unread postby Buckfever » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:05 pm

I just got this today and I'm probably over half way through it, just past Andrae's part. I was just going to watch a little bit, but I can't stop watching it. I'll talk about it some down the road, I'll take some notes to parse some points. It's only 10 bucks so let me just lay it out there. If you want to be a better buck hunter and you don't buy this video, you're an idiot.

cornfedkiller
500 Club

Re: Marsh Bucks

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:30 pm

Buckfever wrote:I just got this today and I'm probably over half way through it, just past Andrae's part. I was just going to watch a little bit, but I can't stop watching it. I'll talk about it some down the road, I'll take some notes to parse some points. It's only 10 bucks so let me just lay it out there. If you want to be a better buck hunter and you don't buy this video, you're an idiot.

Same thing happened to me..I watched it casually the first time, thinking "eh..whatever", but immediately knew it wasnt your usual usual hunting video. I usually watch with a notebook, and write down stuff as I watch..mostly questions that I need to come on here and ask.. That movie (as well as the other one) are worth their weight in gold!
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:51 pm

Marsh Bucks is the best 10 bucks you will ever spend in your life ;)
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:32 pm

I watch mine so much I just might wear it out and have to buy a new one. :lol:
Everytime I watch it I pick up something new and should probably take notes as well next time.
It's by far the best hunting DVD I have ever purchased. 8-)
DEERSLAYER
Super Moderator

Unread postby DEERSLAYER » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:46 pm

You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.
Isoroku Yamamoto, Japanese Admiral
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:23 am

My wife caught me taking notes while watching it too. She just looked at me, shook her head and said, "Really". :lol: I also got to get another copy of Hill Country, I gave my first copy to a friend, and he won't give it back!
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:30 am

I thnk I paid more than 10... :D .. but yea... thats why we are all here, and how I found the site.

Totally changed the way I hunt deer, you woundt beleiev the work and effort and time it takes, but its an all year process and Im still working hard at it.

Enjoy. :mrgreen:
You can't kill em on the couch
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:40 am

both that one and hill country are awesome videos for sure!!! :D :D

by far the best instructional hunting DVDs out there

Dan, do you have any plans for a farm country video?
". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
Stump

Unread postby Stump » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:10 am

I just made it through 3/4 of the hill country video last night with marsh bucks still in the wrapper(they showed up yesterday). ha, ha

Comments on the hill country. I'd say 50+% of the info I knew, but NEVER applied the right way and the other 40-50% I didn't. On the 50% that I knew...I know about thermals on my ground and for the most part know how to hunt them(didn't know about the tunnel though :o ) but a huge reason why I'm not seeing the deer I expected is that I am hunting them on the wrong winds?!?!?! lol Excellent video so far! I do have a bunch of questions though for another thread.
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:21 am

Well said. It was the single greatest deer hunting purchase of my life and I am positive nothing will top it. Hill Country was incredible too but the first time you watch one of Dan's video's usually has the most impact. I think I have watched each of them well over 20 times each.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:35 am

Yes... But getting the TV show going is taking priority. Andrae and I have been discussing redoing the marsh bucks & Hill country DVD's to remove my expartners too...
76chevy
500 Club

Unread postby 76chevy » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:42 am

Cool. Where/when will the tv show be airing?

Is that a joint venture with Andrae?

Nothing against those guys--but they don't seem to contribute that much to the content of those videos. Just my $0.02 :D

dan wrote:
Yes... But getting the TV show going is taking priority. Andrae and I have been discussing redoing the marsh bucks & Hill country DVD's to remove my expartners too...
". . . there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun." --Fred Bear
wappkid
Facebook: Brian Stucker

Unread postby wappkid » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:31 am

Black Squirrel wrote:My wife caught me taking notes while watching it too. She just looked at me, shook her head and said, "Really". :lol: I also got to get another copy of Hill Country, I gave my first copy to a friend, and he won't give it back!

I won't lend mine out.I told my buddies about it and they are like yeah,yeah whatever.So I figure I have given them a chance. Now I won't tell them anymore.They are on their own.You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
Stuart
500 Club

Unread postby Stuart » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:41 pm

Well put :lol:
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:52 pm

Cool. Where/when will the tv show be airing?

Its still in the early stages...

Is that a joint venture with Andrae?

Andrae said he will be involved.

Nothing against those guys--but they don't seem to contribute that much to the content of those videos. Just my $0.02 :D

Well, there is good reson for that... When we made Marsh bucks Jarrod was invited to be part of BBO because of his editing skills. He had never shot a P&Y at that point, and only hunted in a marsh when I guided him. He insisted on being one of the "pro's" in the DVD :roll: Lee had never hunted marsh at that point either. I layed out the whole DVD, and the only other person to give skilled imput and tactics was Andrae.
Lee had some imput with Hill country, But Jarrod had just started hunting hill county, and both of them only hunted hills on private managed land.
It will be interesting to see what they can put together without me and Andrae :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”