Whats up with the 8 pages of Andrae bashing today on Archery

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Re: Whats up with the 8 pages of Andrae bashing today on Arc

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:13 am

WOW ! I've been away from the "Beast" for awhile now, and I guess I missed a lot, eh? I needed to just be away from hunting for awhile, I was burned out ! I've been out looking for sheds and now getting the "fever" again.

I don't know Andrae, as well as most people on this site, but I could really care less if he got a fine for something like forgetting a stamp. like others have said, I'm sure just about all of us have slipped up and forgot to do something hunting at one time or another, that would have made it illegal. It's all about him being in the spotlight, and there are so many people out there that would like to try and tear down a great hunters image...

Keep the faith Andrae, don't let them get ya down !

I look forward to learning many more great hunting tactics from Andrae and Dan, and to alot of people on this great site..

PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:02 pm

I bought a Lone Wolf hat today! :lol:
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:57 am

January 18, 2011

Details In The D’Acquisto Case

by Dave Hurteau

Earlier this month, I posted a link to a story by the Illinois Outdoor News reporting that Andrae D’Acquisto, former owner of Lone Wolf Treestands and current owner of Lone Wolf Productions, which produces Whitetail Addiction TV, had pled guilty to hunting without a valid Illinois hunting license and habitat stamp, and that in the plea agreement, baiting charges were dropped. You may remember that I promised you more information. I wanted to hear from D’Acquisto, as well as from a warden who was on the scene. On Thursday of last week, I received a statement on D’Acquisto’s behalf from Lone Wolf Productions, and on Saturday morning I spoke with Illinois Department of Natural Resources Conservation Police Officer Rich Logsdon, who worked the case.

First, the Lone Wolf Productions statement:
Here are some facts in regards to the recent statement made on Illinois Outdoor News website. In 2009 Andrae D'Acquisto applied for and received Illinois deer non-resident combo archery permits for him and his son at the sum of $820.00. At that time he also requested hunting licenses for $57.75 and habitat stamps for $5.50. Andrae D'Acquisto received his tags in the mail which he signed immediately and placed in his hunting pack, unaware that the hunting license portion and habitat stamp were never processed by the license sales vendor. Later he had come to find out these items cannot be purchased in the same transaction. As a result they were issued tickets for that mistake. As for any other charges, including baiting, they were all found invalid and dropped by a judge in Menard County. At no time was Andrae or Cody

D'Acquisto involved in putting out and hunting over, or near any baited sights. In reference to the charges back in 2005, after considering all of the facts, the charges of fraudulently obtaining Illinois resident hunting licenses, resident deer permits, and providing false information to obtain an Illinois driver's license in Cass County were dropped by a judge. Andrae D'Acquisto then agreed to a petty charge of obstructing a peace officer. At that time the state of Illinois and the US Federal Government recognized Andrae D'Acquisto to be a legal resident of the state of Illinois.

Officer Logsdon confirms that D’Acquisto did have his archery tag but lacked a hunting licenses and habitat stamp. “He has hunted here in the past and should have known the requirement. Tags, licenses, and habitat stamps are frequently purchased in the same transaction, and while it’s possible that this violation was a simple mistake, that makes it no less illegal.”

As to the baiting charges, it is illegal in Illinois to put out any deer attractant—minerals or food substances--any time of year, as is hunting with the aid of same. Officer Logsdon says his team found five “holes” containing deer attractant on two properties D’Acquisto leases and hunts. “There were fresh minerals in one of them for sure,” he says. “When we approached Mr. D’Acquisto, he asked ‘Is it about the holes on the property?’ So he was clearly aware of them.”

The holes varied in size, says Logsdon. “One was about the size of a car hood and about 2 feet deep. Several had scouting cameras nearby and at least two had a stand or stands within bow range.” Logsdon concedes that D’Acquisto was never scene placing any substances himself nor found hunting within bow range of any of the holes. “He was hunting a property that had illegal substances, however, and we feel we had sufficient evidence to show that he was involved in putting them there,” he says.

“Mr. D’Acquisto claimed that a deceased land owner may have put salt in one of the holes and that they usually fill that one in but didn’t this year.” Logsdon says D’Acquisto asked if he could make the holes legal by pouring kerosene into them? “We told him that to be legal, they needed to be totally inaccessible to deer. When he asked how far away from the holes he need to be, I informed him that there is no set distance, to which he responded, ‘I don’t need to hunt over bait to kill a deer anyway.’”

Finally, Logsdon says it is important to note that the baiting charges—as well as the 2005 felony charges—were not dismissed by a judge or jury based on their merits, but as a condition of a plea agreement.
You can't kill em on the couch
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:57 am

You can't kill em on the couch
Indianahunter
500 Club

Unread postby Indianahunter » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:02 am

Thank you for the research and the post.
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
nicko

Unread postby nicko » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:11 am

Hmmmmmm......very interesting update, wouldn't you say?

The dead guy did it??? C'mon man.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:18 am

nicko wrote:Hmmmmmm......very interesting update, wouldn't you say?

The dead guy did it??? C'mon man.

I have hunted that farm too Nicko... So maybe they should ticket me :roll: The farmer, whom is dead now, had salt blocks in the holes for cattle... There was minerals placed on the farm in the summer to grow antlers. If anybody was going to hunt over bait, they would hunt over a pile of corn. Deer don't come to minerals in the fall.
Seems to me "NICKO", that your just looking to stir up contraversy. My suggestion, would be to go find a real crimmanal, who has done something other than put some minerals out, or forget to buy a stamp. :roll:
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:20 am

By the way "NICKO" Find me a state law that states minerals cannot be used for antler supplements in the state of Illinois...
nicko

Unread postby nicko » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:35 am

I'm not from Illinois so I don't know Illinois law. But The updated article on F&S says "As to the baiting charges, it is illegal in Illinois to put out any deer attractant—minerals or food substances--any time of year, as is hunting with the aid of same." Is this statement untrue? If it is wrong, take it up with Dave Hurteau from F&S. He wrote the article.

Go find a real criminal you say. Isn't that what people say when they know they are wrong and want to deflect attention to somebody else? Aren't the game wardens there to enforce game laws and ding offenders as needed?
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:38 am

What exactly do you want done Nicko ? He paid the fine, get over it. :roll:
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:55 am

Go find a real criminal you say. Isn't that what people say when they know they are wrong and want to deflect attention to somebody else? Aren't the game wardens there to enforce game laws and ding offenders as needed?

Yes. He got tickets for forgetting his stamp. He paid them.
The baiting charge should not of been anything to do with it cause it was a false claim and they new it wouldn't stick. Thats why they dropped it.
As far as I am concerned, its not against the law to give deer mineral supplements in the state of Illinois unless they make a state statute stating its illeagle.
Maybe there is one, but the warden could not come up with one. And the person responsable for the holes that had minerals in them was fined and admitted that they were his.
One would think, you would read what the warden wrote and realize that he indeed "DID HAVE A LICENSE" and indeed "WAS NOT HUNTING OVER THE MINERALS"

I can tell you this too, the warden made cocky comments Like "Im just going to throw a bunch of tickets at you and hope some stick" and when the other person who hunts the property admitted to putting the minerals out the warden said " We don't want YOU we are only after Andrae"

You would make a great warden "NICKO" You could go out and bust someone for leaning there weopen against there truck and turn it into an article about him road hunting...
nicko

Unread postby nicko » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:08 pm

I make statements based on things reported in the news and suddenly I am comparable to a loose cannon warden who abuses his power. Meanwhile, wappkid is taking it upon himself to try and intimidate me with expletive laden PMs and infer that he'd like to get his hands on me, just because I log on here and say things you guys don't agree with. Unbelievable.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:23 pm

I apoligize if my comparasin offended you... I just don't understand what your doing, or what your motive is?
Read what the warden said, read what the article said...
I personally, really don't see what the big deal is? Maybe he was involved in putting out minerals to grow antlers, maybe he wasn't. That was dropped, and I really don't care!
He forgot to buy a stamp that they won't sell in the same transaction on a phone purchase. Forgetting to buy a stamp does not make him nor anyone else a crimanal in my book... It makes him human.
If I take it a little personal, its because Andrae is about the best friend I have and a great mentor to look up too.
I have hunted on about all of his propertys, stayed at his homes, spent time talking with and getting to know his whole family, and know exactly how he hunts. The greatest thing he has taught me is to respect wildlife and hold your ethics above and beyond what the law allows. It shames me to live in a society that targets great men like him rather than looking up to him. Is that how they should of treated Fred Bear if he forgot to buy a stamp?
Not only is he being treated without the respect he deserves, but his kids and family members have to hear and read this crap every day too.
His daughter Ashley has emailed me several times this week and I can feel her pain.
He made a simple mistake in purchasing a stamp... HE HAD A LICENSE AS THE WARDEN HAS NOW POSTED. Let it go.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:33 pm

lets please refrain from name calling... Remember there are kids whom enjoy this forum too... You are welcome to do all the name calling you want in PM's
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:36 pm

Hey look nicko's back. What a joy reading his posts. Lets find a high road here and represent the BEAST properly.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”