How much is to much?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Zap

Re: How much is to much?

Unread postby Zap » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:26 am

I say nada.
Except my two best friend's, Zap and my son.

I also try to get permission to park on private driveways near public hunting, so my truck aint visable.

marty

"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
venisonassassin
500 Club

Unread postby venisonassassin » Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:08 am

I often times hunt a mile or more back in certain areas. A lot of people know the areas where I hunt, but few of them have the ambition or desire to go through that much effort to get a deer anyway, at least not consistently. Even though I hunt mostly public I've had suprisingly few run ins with other hunters.
CatfishJack

Unread postby CatfishJack » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:47 pm

Great forum question. I think its best to keep details to ones self when whitetail hunting. Get a big deer and everyone wants to know where you go and what you do. I think it was public land hunter(sorry if i'm wrong) that said people slow down for their buck pole, but they don't know how much time they put in during daylight hours and think they have the spot that is golden. I agree 100% that most places are similar as far as the deer they have, but the hunters that are most successful year in and year out are the serious hunters that hunt almost all day. My advice-keep your ears open and your mouth shut.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”