Balanced Representation

• Advertisement

HB Store

LenH
500 Club

Balanced Representation

Unread postby LenH » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:46 am

Balanced Representation
Wisconsin needs a responsive Natural Resources Board that represents the diverse interests of the people of our state, not narrow special interests. As governor, I will appoint active and qualified board members who will balance the concerns of, sportsmen and women, shooters, conservationists, job creators, and farmers. I will look for Board Members who will eliminate frivolous barriers to job growth and take a cooperative rather than heavy-handed approach to the people of Wisconsin.

http://www.scottwalker.org/sportsmen

brntrout

Re: Balanced Representation

Unread postby brntrout » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:13 am

That guy sounds like a REAL piece of work. He does NOT sound like a person who has the best interest of hunters & anglers in mind at all. Wait and see, he will be raping WI natural resources and supporting BIG business at the expense of Wisconsin's natural resources. :(
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:15 am

brntrout wrote: He does NOT sound like a person who has the best interest of hunters & anglers in mind at all.

What has he said or did that makes you believe this?
brntrout

Unread postby brntrout » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:23 am

The steamroller is already rolling. read this info: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/114404219.html

Read the comments to the story as well for more insight!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:37 am

Leader of DNR's southeast region is out
e-mail print By Lee Bergquist of the Journal Sentinel
Jan. 21, 2011 |(38) Comments

Natural Resources Secretary Cathy Stepp said Friday night that Gloria McCutcheon is resigning as director of the Southeast region, based in Milwaukee, and will replaced with a new official in that capacity.

In a statement, the secretary of the Department of Natural Resources said that the veteran DNR administrator would be taking a sabbatical while she considers other options.

In an interview with the Journal Sentinel, Stepp said this week that she wants to re-shape the DNR, and a top priority under the administration of Republican Gov. Scott Walker is to make the environmental regulatory agency more business-friendly without compromising the environment.

"Southeast Wisconsin is the most active business center of our state and holds great potential for creating much needed jobs," Stepp said in a statement.

In her interview with the Journal Sentinel, Stepp said she expected regional administrators to take on more public roles and work proactively with the business sector by explaining regulations early, in the hope of avoiding unnecessary delays for companies.

Stepp said the DNR is looking for a replacement for McCutcheon. In the meantime, John Hammen, regional leader of air and waste, will be in charge.

I think Walker is a great man who is taking great strides forward in both fixing the broken WDNR and helping create jobs.
I already like the people he is putting in charge. Rather than hire his personal friends or pay back fund raisers, he is hiring people who have the state in there best intrest.
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:53 am

brntrout wrote:The steamroller is already rolling. read this info: http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/114404219.html

Read the comments to the story as well for more insight!

brntrout wrote:he will be raping WI natural resources and supporting BIG business at the expense of Wisconsin's natural resources.

A qoute from the above link:
a top priority under the administration of Republican Gov. Scott Walker is to make the environmental regulatory agency more business-friendly without compromising the environment.

I'm not reading it the same way as you I guess. Concerning the comments, anonymous people making comments means very little to me. What is the basis for their views? Things weren't good the way they were so let's give the new administration time to prove themselves before we judge.
brntrout

Unread postby brntrout » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:59 am

Hopefully I'm wrong. However, only time will tell if he is really for sportsman or not?
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:04 am

brntrout wrote:Hopefully I'm wrong. However, only time will tell if he is really for sportsman or not?

I agree. BTW welcome to the Beast!
brntrout

Unread postby brntrout » Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:51 am

Thanks for the welcome, Magicman.

• Advertisement

Return to “Trout Fishing”