Who Is Still Deer Hunting?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Spysar
500 Club

Who Is Still Deer Hunting?

Unread postby Spysar » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:47 am

It's totally over for me. Massachusetts was the last nearby hunting, and they closed Dec 31st. NY closed over a week ago.

So, what state are you hunting, and how much more time? Or, are you done for the year?

A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Re: Who Is Still Deer Hunting?

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:49 am

I'm done for the year in WI. Getting ready to start my winter scouting and figure out what properties to invest more time in
When better is possible, good is never good enough
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:57 am

Just on my way out the door to hunt this afternoon.
I can hunt until January 9th or January 31 in the metro units.
Nortwoods

Unread postby Nortwoods » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:04 am

I'm still at it hunting in some of the public land marshes around SE Wisconsin. I got busted a few days ago by a real nice 3 1/2 year old eight on the ground in my snow camo. I was at full draw with him 25 yards out but I was sitting down and could not get in position without him busting me. I tried to slowly stand up and get in position but was not successful in doing so. Its been haunting me ever since but it was a good feeling getting back on a big buck again. With two kids+2nd shift it Equals a pretty tough season. I'm going to stick with it till the end which is January 9th. I have my doubts he'll be back but it ain't over till it over.
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:08 am

I'll be back out again tomorrow. I've been busy with the holidays and hit the ice with Hodag for a few days but now it's game on again.
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:15 am

Next weekend is the last weekend season is open for me.

Work all this week and may hunt Sat and Sunday. Last week hunted very little, all does and small bucks showing on camera.

Ice fished and walked some woods. Slowly starting to hear that fat lady humming.
Casper
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/casper.kohlnhofer

Unread postby Casper » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:25 am

Have till the 9th. A lot of bucks here have shed already. I may get out on the 9th, I work Monday-Saturday this week.
The Healthy Herd Pro Staff
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:37 am

I'll be out everyday except monday this week til close. I haven't been out in a good while due to the holidays and have changed a lot of stuff and added a few variables such as a video camera to my hunting. I have two days to hunt a private farm in a suburban area in SE WI. No permission for access to scout it just two days to scout and hunt 73 acres along the Fox River based on any sign I find. Then I'll be closing the season in the northwoods where I'm afraid my bucks have shed :cry:
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:44 am

I will likely call it a season The 9th. On Daves farm we could continue to hunt without haveing to EAB if we buy a couple $2 permits. But unless he is gung ho, I have pretty much had enough and I am ready to start scouting and working hard on the TV show.
DevinJD2007
500 Club

Unread postby DevinJD2007 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:47 am

dan wrote:I am ready to start scouting and working hard on the TV show.

I like the sounds of that! 8-) Season for me is done im moving onto scouting for next year.
BowtechHunting
500 Club
Facebook: Don't have one...

Unread postby BowtechHunting » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:59 am

KY has until the 17th. I haven't put any brown on the ground as of yet...picky. And I haven't seen much. I'm headin' out on all day event for Monday and Wednesday. I seen a decent 7pt. that needs to be taken out. He wasn't blessed with good genetics, but has good mass. I really need a doe...
Reflex011

Unread postby Reflex011 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:16 am

I am still at it in WI. Got tomorrow off so going to head out early afternoon. SW wind should be perfect on a piece of public. I still have a buck tag left and know where a good one beds. Last time I saw him from this tree was a SSW wind late October headed from his bed South to food. Hope for the best and good luck everyone else left!!!
[glow=red]Aim Small. Miss Small.[/glow]
PASwamper

Unread postby PASwamper » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:42 am

I have till Feb 6 to hunt Ohio. Probably won't get to much if at all. Been busy the last two weekends with the holidays falling on them so I have yet to hunt late season. PA I'm done although its open for two more weeks.
adrenalin
500 Club

Unread postby adrenalin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:08 pm

Probably done myself, but need to keep at it scouting for next year. I plan to take on alot bigger marsh next year.
UPbowhunter
Facebook: todd freeman

Unread postby UPbowhunter » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:25 pm

Still at it, til the end of the month. Set out my first trap line of the year yesterday. Have to admit after the long season feels good to get out of the tree stand. But I want to get one more for the freezer, then get serios about fur, then on to scouting and shed hunting, finish some mounts for freinds, then on to turkeys, then fishing and frog gigging, then summer velvet footage, when does this end?
Go Go Epic Stuff, Seek Wilderness

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”