Will coyotes come back?

Wolf, Coyote, Fox, Cats, Callings, Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

huntinfool14
500 Club

Will coyotes come back?

Unread postby huntinfool14 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:41 am

i went hunting last night and at the first spot i started to call i had them answering back at me...about 10 minutes later i could see the coming over the crest of the hill and there was 5! i couldnt believe it..i started to shake and being a rookie at this coyote hunting i got nervous and i miss twice..im pretty mad at myself but this area im hunting is about 500 acres total..i have plenty of good spots on this farm to call from im just wondering now that i shot at them twice will they come back to the calling again in a different spot? i was using a .17 hmr and its a quiet gun so i think that helped a little..id like to go again tonight but im not sure if they will come back or not?

Black Squirrel
500 Club

Re: Will coyotes come back?

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:52 am

I' very "green" at coyote hunting myself, so take this with a grain of salt, but I would think they would not come back, especially to the same call. Maybe a different call and rest the spot awhile, and you might score again. Too bad you had five of them come in, they all got an education. I think they will be hard to get in again from the same spot.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:51 am

I agree with Squirrle.. I would rest them and try a different call sound.
Try a different woods tonight. Great moon lately for yote hunting eh? Maybe I will go tonight...
3dog

Unread postby 3dog » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:49 am

Maybe a different call and rest the spot awhile, and you might score again.

X2

• Advertisement

Return to “Predator Hunting”