Possible book by Dan?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

wibow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jon.j.justice

Possible book by Dan?

Unread postby wibow » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:20 am

Just wondering Dan if you've considered publishing an in depth book or books covering in detail the tactics combined in the dvd's with you're personal experience and knowledge? Speaking of dvd's...any thoughts on doing a "river bottoms" one?

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Possible book by Dan?

Unread postby dan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:30 pm

I have kicked around some book ideas, but would need some assistance in writing and publishing... Maybe somewhere down the road. I really have not considered doing a "river bottom" DVD, though that might be a sub-topic of a farm country DVD or something similar.
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:43 pm

I vote for a northwoods video next! Some northwoods paper mill/timber company land where there isn't much agriculture.....
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:51 pm

BackWoodsHunter wrote:I vote for a northwoods video next! Some northwoods paper mill/timber company land where there isn't much agriculture.....

I'll second that.

One can apply some of the tatics in the Marsh and Hill videos, but a video devoted to bigwoods would be cool.
cwoods
500 Club

Unread postby cwoods » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:15 am

Since Im down south I'll vote farm and river bottoms :)! Sorry fellas.
Really though, the big woods would be great too. A big chunk of game land down here is mostly big woods backing up to a river bottom. I'd buy either one.
wibow
Facebook: www.facebook.com/jon.j.justice

Unread postby wibow » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:22 am

dan wrote:I have kicked around some book ideas, but would need some assistance in writing and publishing... Maybe somewhere down the road. I really have not considered doing a "river bottom" DVD, though that might be a sub-topic of a farm country DVD or something similar.

Dan I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble finding assistance or a publisher. 8-) Any river bottom stuff ,sub topic or not would be cool. Just think with the right group of guys,you could definitely come up with plenty of material especially how bucks utilize the bottoms all season and how to capitalize on this during early and late hunting. cover the scouting tactics in that environment like in the Marsh and Hill Country dvd's,wintering habits on the bigger islands,how to get intell on the big boys seeking refuge after gun season on those islands,utilizing crossings to your advantage thru out the year,etc. Most hunters have to deal with waterways and river bottoms within their properties or in relationship to the other areas they hunt and any covering of these tactics could only be beneficial. Thanks man! BTW I'll volunteer canoe duties and filming and you do your thing. 8-)
mrjbigfoot
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MikeRTJohnson

Unread postby mrjbigfoot » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:40 am

I think a biography or auto biography about Dan Infalt, the serial Big Buck Killer would be awesome! ;)
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:28 am

I know Dan mentioned something about another DVD this spring..Do we know what the topic of this one will be? I personally would like to see a farm country and/or river bottom DVD, but big woods would be fine too..Either way I'll still learn alot about deer in general..
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:36 am

What ever type of video is released, if this spring, I will purchase. I'm 40 years old, tromping thru the woods since I was a little guy with the old man, and I'm still learning alot from this site and it's members.

My goal is to have enough cash saved by spring for a scouting mission one on one with Dan in my home turf.
GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:01 pm

I had an interesting thought for a book. I plan on putting one together documenting " My Successful Hunts ". I want to document with story, explaination, and topo diagrams some of my most memorable hunts. I think this would be one of the best learning tools for the next generation of young hunters. Each hunt will have the scouting, planning, wind direction, topo diagram, and lessons. I'll bet if enough Beast members submitted an entry or two we, as a site, could put together quite a collection of successful hunts from many different terrains. Dan would be the editor of course. I may go ahead and post one if I get it complete for an example.
Stuart
500 Club

Unread postby Stuart » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:46 pm

Farm Country Bucks would be awesome! Or a book by Dan!
headgear
500 Club

Unread postby headgear » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:42 am

I think Dan could put out a Christmas Carol's CD and I would by it! With that said I would love to see a bigwoods DVD but would easily buy a Farm Country DVD too even thought I don't hunt farm country. I don't have much for hills by me but did learn a great deal from the Hill Country DVD and as they say knowledge is power!

I think you can really use a lot of the info from Marsh/Hill Country DVD's and apply it to just about anywhere and have success. I have applied tactics from both to my bigwoods hunts and finally feel like I am hunting those big bucks vs hoping to get lucky.
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:14 am

headgear wrote:
I think you can really use a lot of the info from Marsh/Hill Country DVD's and apply it to just about anywhere and have success. I have applied tactics from both to my bigwoods hunts and finally feel like I am hunting those big bucks vs hoping to get lucky.

Well said!!
GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:07 pm

Here is what I was thinking. Not sure this will come out very readable.
Autumn Ninja

Unread postby Autumn Ninja » Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:22 pm

You should right a book Dan!!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”