How about Doe Bedding Dan?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Indianahunter
500 Club

How about Doe Bedding Dan?

Unread postby Indianahunter » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:00 am

Dan does Doe bedding typically stay consistent or do you find they move around in the farm country? Just wondering as some of the doe bedding that I had located on the property in the spring before green up seems to be less used. I really thought the wind was perfect for this location today but I ended up getting skunked. I only noticed two places where it look like beds from my tree, but I didn't get down or close enough to inspect them being in season. In the early spring (march) There were like 8 beds in a perfect circle just as you had described in Hill Country bucks.
I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that doe bedding didn't really change.

God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: How about Doe Bedding Dan?

Unread postby dan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:21 am

Some bedding is consistent, some only seasonal... Sometimes this is due to changes in the amount of cover seasonally, sometimes its because of food. The most consistent types of bedding are those bedding areas that are placed because of terrain features, or in an area that stays thick year round.

I only noticed two places where it look like beds from my tree, but I didn't get down or close enough to inspect them being in season.

It could be an active bedding area but your hunting it on a wind that they don't use that bedding area for...
Indianahunter
500 Club

Re: How about Doe Bedding Dan?

Unread postby Indianahunter » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:52 am

I thought it was the perfect wind for that location, then again I am not a deer and they have a reason for when and why they bed there. Would be interesting to place a trail cam in the area even for just educational purposes and compare it with weather history from the time and date stamp. Crafty critters those deer are!
God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”