Great Moonphase Oct 30th-31st

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dreaming bucks

Great Moonphase Oct 30th-31st

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:04 am

The moon charts say the moon is directly overhead (moon transit) on the 30th and 31st ( sat and sunday) the first hour of daylight... Normally, that is suppose to keep a buck up on his feet a little bit longer in the morning and not go to his bed before daylight... But what I'm wondering is, is the moonphase thing all out the window when it comes to the rut season ? Are they into there rut habits already then, and it really doesn't matter what the moonphase is at this time ?

Treejunkie

Re: Great Moonphase Oct 30th-31st

Unread postby Treejunkie » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:59 am

I am still getting big buck pics but I dont see them in the chaising phase yet. I do see the little guys chasing ever so slightly by me. I watched a small 6pt chase/check every doe in the field last weekend. When he was done checking, he started eating telling me even he is not in the swing of things yet.

I think with the moon this coming weekend, it could very well be a great time to be out.
dreaming bucks

Unread postby dreaming bucks » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:39 am

I agree Treejunkie.... also, with all this strong wind the next couple days, sounds like the weekend is suppose to be pretty quiet here, so I'm hoping those bucks will be ready to move by then.. I have a really good feeling that some fellow "Beast" are going to get the job done this weekend. It's Halloween weekend, time to get excited !!!
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:52 am

I hope to be able to read some more BEAST'S stories of slob kills soon. Go put the hammer down.
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:44 am

I believe I mentioned in an earlier post this weekend is gonna be the best weekend for seeing big bucks hit the ground!!!!! Moon is perfect!!! And Michel will have the time of his life!!!!!!! He couldn't have timed this trip any better!!!!!! I may finally get the chance at a big buck myself!!!!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
virginiashadow
500 Club

Unread postby virginiashadow » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:14 pm

I agreed to accompany my wife to NC this weekend.......ughhhhh. It was either I go with her or she drives 4 hours south by herself. I am not letting her go alone. BUT it will be killing me to not be hunting! I hope she knows how much I love her due to the fact I am giving up several hunting days!

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”