Bucks really are curious

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Swampthing
500 Club

Bucks really are curious

Unread postby Swampthing » Tue Oct 19, 2010 4:11 pm

I was on a ground blind hunt this past weekend.Sundown came ,so i put my bow away.But i decided to sit a while in the moonlight and see if a large 8 i was hunting would show up.15 minutes later a small 8 showed up it was too dark to film him so I switched my camera to invared mode,but it would,nt focus through the blind window.I look up and the 8 stops feeding in the corn and walks toward my blind.I thought the closest he would come was 10 yards on the trail.But he broke off the trail and walked right up to the blind.And I mean right up to me .I could,ve touched his nose.The only thing seperating us was the mesh windows of the blind.He just stood there ,then dipped his head down and peered into the window of the blind.I have grass and branches brushing-in my blind and his head was rubbing them as he looked in.I got home to check my video ,and i could see him on video ,until i switched it to infared and the screen went white.But then you can hear the footsteps get closer and closer until he gets to the blind and looks in.And then silence until he walks off.It was just crazy,just an awesome experience.

Dewey

Re: Bucks really are curious

Unread postby Dewey » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:24 pm

Cool!! I have had some really neat close encounters with deer but what you witnessed is really rare. I'm surprised he didn't pick up any ground scent around your blind.
Things like that are what makes hunting so enjoyable and it's definately not always about the kill but it is all about the experience's you encounter along the way. ;)
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:07 pm

Cool!! I love to hunt from my ground blind, it is just way to fun to get that close to deer.
Treejunkie

Unread postby Treejunkie » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:17 pm

8-) 8-)
BackWoodsHunter
500 Club

Unread postby BackWoodsHunter » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:18 am

sounds like something the deer by us do! it seems as though they build all kinds of confidence after dark. I hung a stand last winter 3rd last day of bowseason and went to hunt it the following day to find the ground at the base of my tree covered in foot prints, droppings and urine they were so close to the tree they must have literally brushed up against my LW climbing sticks...i dont know about by where you hunt but by us its almost like their way of marking our stands...maybe they are scouting us?!?!
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”