New Benoit Video

This forum section is for the select few who believe in hard work and refuse to “Buy” success.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

publiclandhunter
500 Club

New Benoit Video

Unread postby publiclandhunter » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:34 pm

Guys,

Just got the new "Benoit" video from Great Northern Productions and it is another good video. Nice to see "reality" hunting, unrehearsed and just like it happened. I recommend the video!

PLH

Go farther, stay longer.........hunt harder.
magicman54494
500 Club

Re: New Benoit Video

Unread postby magicman54494 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:02 pm

I have been disappointed in their videos. I was hoping for more instruction on tracking and they seeem to lean more toward entertainment. I would suggest them for people who enjoy hunting videos. Is their newest video more informative or educational?
chadhaucke

Unread postby chadhaucke » Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:33 pm

Love there books also. Whenever I get bored and feel like reading I always turn to one of my Benoit books. You know magic I would like to see that too, but there videos are so much better to watch than 90% of everything else that is out there.
publiclandhunter
500 Club

Unread postby publiclandhunter » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:13 am

I would have to say it is like 20% educational (scouting, tracking tips, etc) and 80% entertainment. The part I like is how they do it "as you see it" with no rehearsal - which is very evident. The "public-land" hunting is another neat aspect of their style.

PLH
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:05 am

I'm a Benoit video fan- real world, public land and hard work, a great recipe. It is mostly entertaining, but you can pick up a tidbit here and there, for sure. 8-)
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:25 am

They've turned into entertainers now since people realized who they were and they got popular. I still enjoy reading and watching their videos and books though. More realistic than anything else out there! Except maybe a Hunting Beast video ;) ;)
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
publiclandhunter
500 Club

Unread postby publiclandhunter » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:50 pm

On another thread we discussed Ontario hunting and the over-hunting that has taken place up there over the past five-years. This video shows the decline of the size in the bucks up there. The only buck killed that looks to be over 200-pounds is the last one that Lanny shoots in the snow. The rest were bare ground bucks that look to be two-year olds at best. Still a good video - just seeing the effects of the overkill of young bucks now.

PLH
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:17 pm

publiclandhunter wrote:On another thread we discussed Ontario hunting and the over-hunting that has taken place up there over the past five-years. This video shows the decline of the size in the bucks up there. The only buck killed that looks to be over 200-pounds is the last one that Lanny shoots in the snow. The rest were bare ground bucks that look to be two-year olds at best. Still a good video - just seeing the effects of the overkill of young bucks now.

PLH

I remember Larry B. saying that you have to be selective and let the little ones grow if you want to shoot big ones. I blieve he also said something to the effect that letting them grow is what a true sportsman does. Maybe it's the pressure of getting footage for videos?
publiclandhunter
500 Club

Unread postby publiclandhunter » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:28 pm

You may be right on that Magic!
The Rav

Unread postby The Rav » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:33 am

Never seen a Benoit video myself, but, I have a couple of their books and they've got some really great reading material I know.
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:52 am

Although I'm not good friends with the Benoits, I have met them all. Great bunch of fellers. You have to see their seminars. Very good and they'll answer any questions you have. These days they enjoy helping others get good bucks. I was talking to Shane last month. I asked about his dad , Larry. At 85 years old this past season he scored on a nice buck. One problem they have is their huge following. Where they go people see them and use their spots. They hunt in Ontario a lot now, and suddenly there are Vermont licence plates all over the place.
A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
magicman54494
500 Club

Unread postby magicman54494 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:02 am

Spysar wrote:Although I'm not good friends with the Benoits, I have met them all. Great bunch of fellers. You have to see their seminars. Very good and they'll answer any questions you have. These days they enjoy helping others get good bucks. I was talking to Shane last month. I asked about his dad , Larry. At 85 years old this past season he scored on a nice buck. One problem they have is their huge following. Where they go people see them and use their spots. They hunt in Ontario a lot now, and suddenly there are Vermont licence plates all over the place.

I believe this. They come across as great - down to earth type people. I would love to hunt with them some day.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:04 am

One problem they have is their huge following. Where they go people see them and use their spots.

Ahhh... The life of a public land hunter... ;)
Spysar
500 Club

Unread postby Spysar » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:03 pm

Here's a pic of me and Lane and Shane. The Benoits always have a booth next to ours(Northeast Big Buck Club) at the Syracuse show. I was getting a book signed for a friend, and sent him the pic to go with it.

A buck will see you three times, and hear you twice, but he's only gonna smell you once.
CatfishJack

Unread postby CatfishJack » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:33 pm

I'll have to keep an eye out for their books to read. Always good reading deer hunting in the winter.

• Advertisement

Return to “Public Land Hunting”