Interesting experience in the woods last night.

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

GRFox
500 Club

Interesting experience in the woods last night.

Unread postby GRFox » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:28 pm

Sat until 9am in the suburbs of Connecticut yesterday morning, three days earlier my friend shot a nice 110" 8 and saw 7 different bucks including one in the 130-140 range.

Anyway, in the morning I saw one coyote. Found out my buddy saw 7 and shot at, but missed one.

Got back in for the evening hunt at about 3:30 and after 10 minutes in the stand hear what sounded like 10 yotes, tearing into something (probably the black cat the was hanging out in there). Needless to say it was a bloodcurdling song.

About an hour before dark I hear a dog barking right behind me at about 50 yards. I figure someones dog was running loose or something. This is when it gets weird..... I turn around and right there at 50 yards is a coyote, not howling or yapping, but barking like a German Shepard directly in the face of a big doe....and I mean right in her face.... probably 18 inches away!! this lasted about 10 seconds and the doe just casually walks right by the coyote like nothing ever happened!!

Anybody ever see anything like this? or heard a yote bark like a dog? I found it pretty funny and it brightened up the day since I really hadent seen much activity.

DevinJD2007
500 Club

Re: Interesting experience in the woods last night.

Unread postby DevinJD2007 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:55 am

Never have seen or heard of that. But an awesome experience none the less. Thanks for sharing. 8-)
AC Rider
500 Club

Re: Interesting experience in the woods last night.

Unread postby AC Rider » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:57 am

Nope.. weird.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”