Lone Wolf/steps attachment using Kwik-Strap

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Re: Lone Wolf/steps attachment using Kwik-Strap

Unread postby Dor » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:06 am

MOBIGBUCKS wrote:Those are awesome!!! I was trying to figure out what I was going to use this year that is ultra quiet. Let's say you want to attach some extra clothes around the climbing sticks; would the four foot be better than the twoo foot?

2 footer would work fine, but for an extra 2$ i'd get the 4 ftr just in case. If you dont like the dangling rubber you can just snip it off to your desired length. Work very well to hold gear on packs stands. Also, works great to secure quarters to your frame pack when out west.
any ordering issues get ahold of me here with a PM. however, you should be able to get this done at http://www.kwik-strap.com

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:48 am

Very awesome. I will make me an order tonight.
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:44 am

This is a great time for me to grab them finally, wife is in a really good mood after delivery! Also she can't catch me as she's much slower!
http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
DevinJD2007
500 Club

Unread postby DevinJD2007 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Dor sent you a PM not sure if you got it...? :roll:
Dor
500 Club

Unread postby Dor » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:00 pm

DevinJD2007 wrote:Dor sent you a PM not sure if you got it...? :roll:

Negative, did not receive.

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:30 am

I ordered some prior to this thread based on the LW stands tips thread. I should have a review up by the end of the week. Thanks.
You can't kill em on the couch
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:02 am

Just ordered a set of 2' and 4'. I will post my review as well.
Dor
500 Club

Unread postby Dor » Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:21 am

Thanks for the purchases guys. Be sure to get on Facebook and give us a "LIKE" we could really use a bump in our traffic there. Thanks again BEASTS! :mrgreen:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Rochester-MN/Kwik-Strap/269145804078?ref=ts

MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:19 am

I love mine! I just wonder how well those buckles will hold up during a season of use. Anyway, can we buy more buckles in case they break? I have four LW sticks and have my sticks mounted a little differently than everyone else. I put an aftermarket seat on my Alpha, so I can't put the sticks in line with the seat. I put two sticks on each side of the platform and secured them with a Kwik-Strap. It holds them tight enough with just one strap. Very good product and its quiet to use.
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:40 am

They seem to work good, I havent been out and Im interested to see how they hold up on the walk, wether they stretch and loosen or not. Im hunting tomorrow and sat so Ill try them then. Thanks.
Brandon
500 Club

Unread postby Brandon » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:27 am

Brandon wrote:They seem to work good, I havent been out and Im interested to see how they hold up on the walk, wether they stretch and loosen or not. Im hunting tomorrow and sat so Ill try them then. Thanks.

Ok, Ive been on 3 hunts and I LOVE my kwik straps. They work great! :mrgreen:
DevinJD2007
500 Club

Unread postby DevinJD2007 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:16 am

Has there ever been any trouble in the cold with the plastic buckles breaking at all?
MOBIGBUCKS

Unread postby MOBIGBUCKS » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:48 am

DevinJD2007 wrote:Has there ever been any trouble in the cold with the plastic buckles breaking at all?

X2
Dor
500 Club

Unread postby Dor » Sun Sep 26, 2010 3:35 am

Sorry for the late reply guys. Just got off the mountain from a DIY BLM elk hunt in WY. To answer your questions. Yes we could arrange something if a buckle would happen to break, never had it happen yet, but if you slammed in a car door or something wierd I suppose it could potentially happen.

Cold weather has also NOT been an issue. The rubber we use is very high grade EBD and we have never had weathering issues. As to slippage, it can happen over a period of time and use but will happen so slowly that you will not notice, so simply just periodically check your straps to make sure they are as tight as you need, its not like they are hard to adjust.

We have a new prototype design that will feature ridges across the rubber to absolutely prevent this from happening(it will come in a 3 ft version replacing the 2 and 4 ft models). It's definately not much of an issue but the ridges will ensure it never happens and will make our product have more of a finished look. The new design (and old one) worked great out in WY for attaching elk quarters to our frame packs and so far we are very pleased. It also doubled as a belt since I lost about 10 lbs. :mrgreen:

We have our new mold completed and are waiting on our first run of the new product. Once they come in, I will be sending Dan a set to test and give his review/opinion on since he has been so kind to allow me to post here. When we get these in I will probably have a few other guys take a stab a reviewing in exchange for a complimentary set.

Again, thanks for the purchases guys and we are glad you are getting good value from our product!
http://www.kwik-strap.com

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:23 am

I got two Kwik straps from Dor and put them to the test. I really like the way they grip and hold tight. I was able to hold a lot of gear onto the back of my stand for those long hikes in hill country hunting during the rut. They would be great for those of you that carry sticks without the stand, or people wishing to pack stuff a distance...

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”