Scent - human or not?

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

WKPTodd
Facebook: Todd Pringnitz

Re: Scent - human or not?

Unread postby WKPTodd » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:59 am

The only way to beat a whitetails nose is to eliminate the human scent to the point below what a whitetails nose is capable of sensing. We're talking parts per million here. The only elimination method that can beat a whitetails nose is Ozonic's - and it only works because it's running the entire time you are in the field. If anyone doubts they work, I highly suggest watching some of the video PROOF we have. Not just one or two encounters, we've got dozens documented.

Dan, you will be receiving our latest DVD in the mail here next week probably. When you have a chance, watch my DVD and tell me how we are fooling these deer if ozonic's doesn't work.

For ground scent, Ozonic's doesn't work. We've tried it, but the contact element changes it's ability to kill everything. I have been testing Nose-Jammer, and while we haven't had enough time to really know if it works 100% of the time or not - I will say that it appears to knock the concern down with younger deer and does. Haven't had enough mature bucks cross our track to get a better judge than that at the moment. I can tell you for me to be spending my own $$$ on this stuff, I do believe it does some good. Can't hurt as the alternative is them nailing human scent every time without exception.

UntouchableNess
500 Club

Unread postby UntouchableNess » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:16 am

The EPA's stance on ozone and ozone generators. http://www.epa.gov/iaq/pubs/ozonegen.html
Dhurtubise
500 Club
Facebook: dhurtubise

Unread postby Dhurtubise » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:53 am

Thanks for posting this. I remembered learning in high school how ozone was considered a harmful pollutant for vegetation, but didn't want to chime in on that thread because of the age of my info, almost 30 years. In university, as an engineering student I had learned that ozone was toxic in high concentrations and that it had to be considered from a health and safety perspective. I'm sure a quick search yields the MSDS sheets.

http://www.ozoneapplications.com/info/ozone_msds.htm

It is toxic at low concentrations. Here's an excerp:
"
11. Toxicological Information

Ozone is extremely irritating to the upper and lower respiratory tract. The characteristic odor is readily detectable at low concentrations ( 0.02 ppm to 0.05 ppm). Ozone produces local irritation of the eyes and mucous membranes and may cause pulmonary edema at high exposure. Systematically, ozone has been reported to mimic the effects of ionizing radiation, and may cause damage to chromosomal structures. A partial tolerance appears to develop with repeated exposures. Although most effects are acute, the possibility of chronic lung impairment should be considered, based upon animal experimentation.
"

I personally would not care to purposely expose my lungs hours upon hours, days, weeks, etc. during an entire deer hunting season. No deer is worth that for me.

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
jonsimoneau
500 Club

Unread postby jonsimoneau » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:16 pm

I think Dans answer on the first page of this thread is the best one. Ryan Rothhaar once said that deer are not afraid of foreign oder. They are afraid of human scent. They can learn to associate an odor with humans but overall it's the human scent that does it. I also very much agree with Dan in that deer know where human scent is a normal occurrence and where it is not. Even young does learn this quickly. Just think of how much more effective hunters we could be if we could hang/access stands without leaving a trace of ourselves!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
WKPTodd
Facebook: Todd Pringnitz

Unread postby WKPTodd » Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:33 am

Listen guys, unless you are intentionally inhaling the ozone straight from the machine, it is completely harmless as you aren't inhaling large amounts while hunting. Catching a whiff of ozonic's when hunting is absolutely no different than catching a wiff of gasoline when pumping gas. When you do catch a small wiff, they PPM (parts per million) aren't enough to harm a person.

Ozonic's has been tested and passed ALL government safety regulations out there. If it were dangerous, it wouldn't be on the market.

All this crap about Ozonic's not being safe is being trumped up by the competition who is unable to compete with Ozonic's due to intellectual property ownership. They are the only battery operated ozone generating device on the market that can produce enough ozone, and control the application to beat a whitetails nose.
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:41 am

bump

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”