Safety first

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

huntinnurse
500 Club

Safety first

Unread postby huntinnurse » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:02 pm

Ok everyone, momma nurse here:

Do not climb and sit in a tree without your harness.........everytime!!!!! No excuses, no if, ands, or buts about it. Wear your harness.

I don't want to hear of any Beasts that hit the ground when not intended. It is too easy and cost effective to not wear one. Live to hunt another day. Live to walk another day.

If you need a harness, let us know I have several here (the ones that come in every tree stand sold) and I'm sure others here have some as well. We will send them to you. They are not the easiest to figure out, but better than nothing til you can get a vest type harness, such as the Hunter Safety System.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
PEAKRUT

Re: Safety first

Unread postby PEAKRUT » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:15 pm

I would like to add that I also have a couple extra if needed so send me a PM also. T
Liberty-Hunt
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/liberty.hunt.188

Unread postby Liberty-Hunt » Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:53 pm

Deb, keep one for my fall visit please!
"Huntingly",
L-H

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:23 am

Words of Wisdom Deb... I have several friends who have been injured by falls. Be careful out there. And set a good example for younger hunters who think they are invincible. ;)
Dewey

Unread postby Dewey » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:36 am

I had a few close calls myself in my young and stupid days but now wear my safety harness from the time I leave the ground until I am back on the ground again. Some people don't put a safety harness on until they are in the tree stand and this is a big mistake since most falls happen as you are climbing.

Use a linemans belt. The very slight inconvenience is much better than being paralyzed and not able to hunt anymore.
mcmidc

Unread postby mcmidc » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:21 am

Last year, I slipped going up my lone wolf sticks and started to fall, so instinctively I hugged the tree. Good news is I only fell about 4-5 feet and landed on the next stick down. Bad news is that stick really tore me up. The step I was standing on caught me in the stomach and almost impaled me, I was a little scared to lift my shirt and see the damage. And the next one down caught my arm in two places. No stitches or internal injuries but the Doc told me i was damn close as he scolded me!!! You can actually see the individual treads from the steps on my arm and stomach. Moral of the story is don't space those sticks too far apart, it's not worth the extra 6 inches of height. It put a little scare in me, and I realize I'm not as young and agile as I once was. Stay safe this year everyone.
Slider1005

Unread postby Slider1005 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:11 am

I've been hunting for about three years with no harness. This will be my first year using one. Big thanks to Casper for hooking me up with one cheap. Thanks dude.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”