Scent of a Whitetail-My first picture in a magazine

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Hill Hunter

Re: Scent of a Whitetail-My first picture in a magazine

Unread postby Hill Hunter » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:56 am

Sounds like a great trip!! Nice bucks....what breed of dog are they using for trailing down there?? Sorry I didnt get ahold of one of the issues yet.

If you dont mind me asking, does Hadley Creek just lease parcels out for the self-guided (you guys) then or how do they do it?

chadhaucke

Unread postby chadhaucke » Mon Jun 21, 2010 2:13 pm

Hill hunter yah they do a selfguided thing now that is less than half of what a fully guided trip is. You pretty much get a farm to hunt roughly 100 acres per guy. They give you an aerial and point out were there food plots are and whatever else is planted on the propery and give you a couple stand site suggestions and let you go off on your own. The next time you talk to anyone is if you shoot one. We got to do it a little differently than most we went down for 5 days in October too, thats when my buddy shot his. It was a first class operation. I got some time to spend with the owner of Hadley Creek and he himself actually went on two track jobs with me. He is one helluva guy, from what I saw he would give you the shirt right off his back if you needed it. He actually paid both times for those dogs (400 a time) and wouldnt accept a dime from me. Im not going back this year because i will be in school but after that Ill try to get back down there every year. As for what kind of dogs two were bloodhounds and one was a german shepard.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:36 am

Congrats Chad! I was at Fleet farm today and had that magazine in my hand but said ahhh screw it! :lol: I'll have to pick one up now! ;) I've seen a lot of Hadley Creek's operation on the Drury videos. Very impressive! :shock: There food plots and there lodges are unreal! I think the self guided hunt would be awesome!
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
tmoney22

Unread postby tmoney22 » Sat Aug 07, 2010 9:30 pm

Chad, now you have to man up and see if you can actually tag a wallhanger in the Big Woods of Northern Wisconsin....
hunt n nut
500 Club

Unread postby hunt n nut » Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:12 am

I just saw this post. That was cool 8-) ...congrats
publiclandhunter
500 Club

Unread postby publiclandhunter » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:35 am

Awesome buck! Those dogs can do some amazing things! I can recall a few instances where I would have liked to have one fo those little guys on a leash in the deer woods.

PLH
Go farther, stay longer.........hunt harder.

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”