Lucky Buck

Discuss deer hunting tactics, Deer behavior. Post your Hunting Stories, Pictures, and Questions/Answers.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Lucky Buck

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:06 pm

Anyone use the deer mineral Lucky Buck? Just wondering what you think of it if you have some in use or if you have ever used it. Sounds like a great product just wondering what you guys and gals think. Thanks for your replys!!

RUTIN
Facebook: Zach Taylor

Re: Lucky Buck

Unread postby RUTIN » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:23 pm

good product, STRONG apple smell, check out the posting split 2 buck and he is eating lucky buck and trophy rock minerals
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:38 pm

Rutin;
Looks like they like it!!! You have some dandies stopping buy to get a taste of that Lucky Buck. I have some friends that use it, they claim the bucks hammer it!! I wanted to hear from other people about what they think of it. Do they hit it daily? I think I will be giving it a chance after I hear what a few others have to say.
RUTIN
Facebook: Zach Taylor

Unread postby RUTIN » Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:04 pm

Yea i have over 4000 pics of bucks hitting it, if you want more ill show you that mature bucks love it!
Wrinkleneck
500 Club

Unread postby Wrinkleneck » Thu Aug 05, 2010 1:37 am

you peaked my intrest,show me more big buck pics.
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Thu Aug 05, 2010 2:14 am

A friend of mine was in a WI sports store last weekend. He had replicas of some of the bucks shot with this stuff. They were huge! I know he said one of them was the Amish buck shot back in 07, I believe. Never used it myself, but my friend bought a bucket of it. Maybe they should call it "Unlucky Buck", after all the bucks using this stuff seem to end up on somebody's wall! :lol:
Hill Hunter

Unread postby Hill Hunter » Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:58 pm

I was told that the selenium (spelling ??) is the stuff in this mineral that really promotes the antler grow. However, on the back of the bucket, it is listed in ppm (parts per million) the rest of the ingredients are listed in a percentage, so im not smart enough to figure out how much of the good stuff is really in there.

Has anyone here used the stuff Andre is bagging up and sold in the Beast store??
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Fri Aug 06, 2010 5:21 am

Hill Hunter wrote:I was told that the selenium (spelling ??) is the stuff in this mineral that really promotes the antler grow. However, on the back of the bucket, it is listed in ppm (parts per million) the rest of the ingredients are listed in a percentage, so im not smart enough to figure out how much of the good stuff is really in there.

Growing up on a dairy farm, I know Selenium is a vital mineral for cows. However, it is toxic if consumed in large amounts. That is probably why it is listed in ppm, I assume it would be toxic for deer as well if they eat too much of it, as both cows and deer are ruminents. If it's listed in ppm, there is probably very little selenium in there, but it still could very well be what is attracting them, if they are lacking it.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:09 pm

Yes! It is seleniuim that they need... I know a guy in SW WI that created his own blend called country buck with another guy. It is awesome stuff and if I had a dang decent computer, I could show big buck after big buck hammering this stuff! There is a 15 point three beam non typical BEAST right by my stand this summer on the lick! :D If anyone is interested I could probably get a deal thru him? I know he brought his mineral and his photo albums to the Iowa deer classic last year and those Iowans were blown away by his pics! They had nothing even close to his pics and he sold a lot of mineral there!
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
lungbuster
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WFTF

Unread postby lungbuster » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:15 pm

I do believe that selenium was one of the minerals that were suspect in causing the prion for CWD, I know it was listed way back when CWD was first "discovered" anyway, and in large amounts it is not good for deer. I don't know if it was ever determined to be part of the cause or not. But they suspected that soils with high concentrations of selenium had higher concentrations of CWD positive deer.......

• Advertisement

Return to “Deer Hunting”