Night Fishing

• Advertisement

HB Store

AR Hunter

Night Fishing

Unread postby AR Hunter » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:27 pm

I did some night bass fishing tonight. Pulled one in and went to lip her... it was a walleye...should have had my headlamp on. No injury... just spooked me to find all those teeth. :o

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Night Fishing

Unread postby dan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:07 am

Walleyes in Arkansas? I didn't know there were any that far south.
AR Hunter

Unread postby AR Hunter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:45 am

To be completely honest I didn't know they were down here either. Evidently the G & F has stocked them in parts of NW AR where I live. Needless to say it was the first one I've ever caught. I'm not used to finding teeth in my fish!
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:15 am

I have a Brother that lives in a tiny town called Hacket Arkansas... I viseted him in August about 12 years ago... Man is it hot down there. Did some fishing while I was there but did not catch much.
huntinnurse
500 Club

Unread postby huntinnurse » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:33 am

There is a lake in OK that is pretty well known in the area for Walleyes and a few lakes in TX that hold some as well.
Glad you didn't get cut too much!!!What a surprise!!!!
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.John 3:16 KJV
AR Hunter

Unread postby AR Hunter » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:56 pm

dan wrote:I have a Brother that lives in a tiny town called Hacket Arkansas... I viseted him in August about 12 years ago... Man is it hot down there. Did some fishing while I was there but did not catch much.

Hackett is only about 30 minutes from where I grew up. I've been there several times. August gets almost unbearable sometimes down here.

Thanks HN-- I'm glad I didn't get cut too. :D
WiBowhuntress

Unread postby WiBowhuntress » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:04 pm

Arkansas definately has walleyes. I believe the largest walleye caught in the US was from Greer's Ferry Lake in Arkansas...22 lbs-11 ounces caught back in 1982. Not sure if the record still stands or not.
dan
Site Owner

Unread postby dan » Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:52 pm

AR Hunter wrote:
dan wrote:I have a Brother that lives in a tiny town called Hacket Arkansas... I viseted him in August about 12 years ago... Man is it hot down there. Did some fishing while I was there but did not catch much.

Hackett is only about 30 minutes from where I grew up. I've been there several times. August gets almost unbearable sometimes down here.

The highlight of my trip was going to the Hackett zoo... :lol:
It was just some dudes yard fenced up with a tin can at the gate asking you to put a buck in before entering.
My brother married a "Hackett" girl and moved down onto the property with the in-laws. When I visited him it was a dry area and they would make beer runs to Oklahoma. His Brother in-law came over to me and asked if I wanted to go on a beer run with him and I said sure. We are flying down a gravel road in his pick up truck and I notice a huge revolver sliding around on the dash so I reached out and grabbed it. Ol Hill billy looks over and says "Be careful boy, that things loaded!" I looked at him and said "LOADED?" And his reply was "Well, you never know when you gonna see something to eat"
I noticed after that I never saw any critters feeding along the road... :lol:
AR Hunter

Unread postby AR Hunter » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:35 pm

dan wrote:
AR Hunter wrote:

The highlight of my trip was going to the Hackett zoo... :lol:
It was just some dudes yard fenced up with a tin can at the gate asking you to put a buck in before entering.
My brother married a "Hackett" girl and moved down onto the property with the in-laws. When I visited him it was a dry area and they would make beer runs to Oklahoma. His Brother in-law came over to me and asked if I wanted to go on a beer run with him and I said sure. We are flying down a gravel road in his pick up truck and I notice a huge revolver sliding around on the dash so I reached out and grabbed it. Ol Hill billy looks over and says "Be careful boy, that things loaded!" I looked at him and said "LOADED?" And his reply was "Well, you never know when you gonna see something to eat"
I noticed after that I never saw any critters feeding along the road... :lol:

That all sounds just about right. :lol:

• Advertisement

Return to “Game fish, pan fish, and general fishing talk”