Boar Beatles

Boar Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

magicman54494
500 Club

Re: Boar Beatles

Unread postby magicman54494 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:33 pm

hotterthantiffany wrote:put my small six from gun season ( two years ago) into a black garbage bag with a little water and hung it where the sun could heat up the bag, bugs from the deer head took over. I made Greg take it down after all summer and power wash it :lol: I heard lots of gaging noises. I do not suggest this method.

I tried that too. I have a strong stomach but it was almost more than I could take. I will never do that again!

GRUD
500 Club

Unread postby GRUD » Mon May 09, 2011 12:20 am

A friend of mine takes the skull and puts a 55 gallon drum over it. In a month or two its clean. It doesnt give off much odor either.
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:31 am

GRUD wrote:A friend of mine takes the skull and puts a 55 gallon drum over it. In a month or two its clean. It doesnt give off much odor either.

I like that idea.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:22 am

Singing Bridge wrote:Maybe you should plant some flowers or vegetables around that thing with all that fertilizer in the ground! I'd be curious to see a pic of the bucks that were stuck in the ground if the opportunity ever presents itself, Lou. 8-)

Here it is, sorry it took so long.
Ellie with her buck

A couple of close ups

I was pretty impressed how it came out of the ground, I think it was buried for about 6 months. I did hose it off and pick at some dirt a bit, but didn't polish it up or whiten it, as you can tell. Something like a root or something kinda attached to it, not sure what I should do next. I just hung it in my garage next to me elk rack that I left on top of a shed for 2 years (wish I wouldn't have done that, sun faded it pretty good).
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:30 pm

That turned out pretty decent, Lou. I do no know anyone that does this so it was very interesting to me. 8-)
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:48 pm

hotterthantiffany wrote:put my small six from gun season ( two years ago) into a black garbage bag with a little water and hung it where the sun could heat up the bag, bugs from the deer head took over. I made Greg take it down after all summer and power wash it :lol: I heard lots of gaging noises. I do not suggest this method.

Sounds like it worked for you though! LOL
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
Badger
500 Club
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allen.krelwitz

Unread postby Badger » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:50 am

Can't wait to see the finished boar skull! sounds like it will look pretty awesome

• Advertisement

Return to “Boar Hunting”