04232011 Turkey Hunt

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

mrjbigfoot
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MikeRTJohnson

04232011 Turkey Hunt

Unread postby mrjbigfoot » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:56 pm

Got down to the farm early enough to scout a little Friday late afternoon & came upon a great big gobbler with a huge long beard right off the side of one of the back roads but by the time I got the camera, he was already going into the brush.. you can see how big & tall he was though:

Then I set-up Saturday morning where I figured I'd have a crack at him & ended up out there in my blind during a huge storm with tornado warnings.. then the rain let up & I hoofed it for about 5 miles worth of runnin & gunnin, running into creeks & drainage ditches I couldn't cross, got over one on a log that gave way in the process & had to hike out a different way.. by the end of the 12 noon legal time, I had chased a bunch of turkeys down by the house, right behind the 200 yard target on our rifle range..

It was so flippin wet..

;)

AC Rider
500 Club

Re: 04232011 Turkey Hunt

Unread postby AC Rider » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:44 am

So you didn't connect? :? Sorry the weather didn't cooperate for you.
mrjbigfoot
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MikeRTJohnson

Re: 04232011 Turkey Hunt

Unread postby mrjbigfoot » Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:54 am

I just goofed on my planning. Had I been able to scout a little more, I would have set-up in a different spot on some higher ground where I ended up seeing a bunch of turkeys including 3 in full strut.. It was right where I scored 2 years ago on a nice tom.

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”