Longer wisconsin fall turkey season?

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Should we continue the extended long fall season?

yes
56%
no
44%
undecided
No votes

Total votes: 9
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Longer wisconsin fall turkey season?

Unread postby dan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:29 am

Question 35 – Renew the fall turkey hunting season extension in management zones 1 through 5 (2011)
Historically, the fall turkey season has opened on the Saturday nearest September 15 and continues through the Thursday prior to the beginning of the 9-day November deer gun season (in 2010, September 18 – November 19). In turkey management zones 1 through 5, on a two year trial basis, the fall turkey season has reopened on the day after the firearm deer season and continued through December (In 2010, November 29 – December 31). This two year trial period was established to assess what, if any, impact the longer season would have on turkey harvest and turkey hunting.
The primary result of this change is that harvest has been spread out over the duration of the longer season but has not increased. The turkey population continues to be healthy and well established across the state and more hunting opportunity has been provided in the fall season. This proposal would eliminate the sunset of this extended season and make it permanent.

Do you support permanently extending the fall turkey hunting season to include the Monday following the 9-day gun deer season through December 31 in turkey management zones 1 – 5?
35. YES_______ NO______

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: Longer wisconsin fall turkey season?

Unread postby dan » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:42 am

I would rather the fall season be shorter, or they give out less tags... At least in my area. Bird numbers have dropped here and I think its from all the permits there giving out, and in the fall they allow hens to be shot. Less hens, less poults...
Black Squirrel
500 Club

Re: Longer wisconsin fall turkey season?

Unread postby Black Squirrel » Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:29 am

I'm all for it. I like hunting them late when the snow cncentrates them. We have plenty of birds where I hunt. So, numbers aren't and issue. I only shoot Toms too.

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”