Turkey hunting seat

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

DhD
500 Club

Turkey hunting seat

Unread postby DhD » Sat May 09, 2020 2:04 am

While doing yoga and exercising helps, I am experiencing some low back and hamstring issues when seated. I run and gun as much as possible, but sometimes you have to be patient, and I believe shifting around because my legs were going numb has cost me a couple of birds. Looking for a light quick set up to get my backside a few inches higher than my legs. Does not need to have a back rest, in fact I almost prefer not for quick set up. Fast and light is key, hoping to not add more than 30 seconds to set up time. Preferably something that I can make or buy on short notice, I am going out this evening(and pretty much every day the rest of the month). Was thinking maybe just a simple yoga block, but I would like to know if anyone has a better idea?

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.
Racks&Beards

Re: Turkey hunting seat

Unread postby Racks&Beards » Wed May 13, 2020 9:56 am

I was gonna suggest one of those turkey/predator "lounger" folding chairs, until I saw your part about having your but higher than your legs. The only 2 options I can think of are something like the Alps Turkey Chair or one of THESE seats...maybe modded with some PVC pipes on the legs to sit it up a little higher
Speed is fine...Accuracy is final.
DhD
500 Club

Re: Turkey hunting seat

Unread postby DhD » Thu May 14, 2020 12:15 am

I posted on the Facebook page as well, from the suggestions I got I went with the Browning strutter chair. It's a little bigger than I thought, I never figured I would be a lounger guy. Now that I have tried it, I couldn't see myself leaving it in the truck if I was planning on sitting more than fifteen minutes.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”