Now that was close!!

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowmike
500 Club

Now that was close!!

Unread postby bowmike » Thu May 24, 2018 4:21 am

https://youtu.be/KQgZRp_7Fn4

Went out just to try and get more of my spring fix. Heard 3 different gobblers. Had this hen fly down about 2' away from me. When you feel the wind from their wings you know you are close. I was thinking that If I had a tag, and the hen was a longbeard, I would probably miss him with 3 shots. LOL!! Hoping I can call on more in for a friend of mine before my season is over. The gobblers this morning gobbled on the roost then clammed up.

Saw a coyote just as the lights came on. He came in to my calling. I read all of the turkey regs, and all of the fur bearing regs, but couldn't seem to find the rules on hunting coyotes in the spring if you don't have a tag left, so I hit up my local WCO. I am allowed to hunt coyote. He told me it is best not to have any turkey calls on my though. It cracks me up because that's exactly what that coyote came in for.I assume it is like Deer season where you have to have a valid fur takers license to hunt them. I think Id have a good crack at harvesting this dog. I just don't know the rules on arms and ammunition for sure. Also I imagine that you are limited to shotgun only this time of year, while overlap with legal turkey hunting hours are in effect.

NEXT YEAR I' HOLDING OUT FOR A BIG ONE!!

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”