MN Turkey Opener

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Forkhorn

MN Turkey Opener

Unread postby Forkhorn » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:06 am

Just wondering if anyone is doing any good in Minnesota today? Went out this morning and heard a couple gobbles but when they hit the ground, they went the other way and shut up. How are you guys gonna go about killing them with the cold the next couple days and snow on the ground? Or are you waiting for the warmer temps on the weekend? Will they be less responsive to calls? Good luck to anyone chasing those gobblers!!

CattailCommander

Re: MN Turkey Opener

Unread postby CattailCommander » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:25 am

Didn't go out and probably won't be going out for a few days at least due to prior obligations and the weather. Don't have much experience in this kind of weather but I would think it should be just about the same as any other year, as far as breeding and everything else goes but they may be pushed back a little. They may need to feed more, due to the cold I would assume, but I don't think it will keep the toms from wanting to breed, gobble, find hens, etc. Next week should be good with the warm up and change in weather.

I only bow hunt so I'm not getting too antsy yet, just finally got out last night to hang cameras and scout a little bit, which is about two weeks behind my usual just because of the non-stop snow around here.
Lockdown

Unread postby Lockdown » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:25 pm

I'm tentatively planning on my first ever turkey hunt this weekend...
bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:17 pm

We killed one on opener (story in kill zone). We experienced the same thing, gobbling on the limb followed by silence. Now that the weather is heating up quite a bit I think the action will heat up fast too.

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”