PA TURKEY HUNTERS

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Outdoor814
500 Club

PA TURKEY HUNTERS

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:31 am

I'm sure most of you know but for those of you that dont, you can purchase a second spring gobbler tag anywhere that you can buy a license to hunt. The total cost for an extra resident tag is $21.70 and its $40 something for a non-resident.
You can also purchas it online but with a 10 day waiting period.

I know I'm super excited to hit the woods and fire up some birds but just wanted to let anyone who wasn't aware that it's up for grabs till first day.

GOOD LUCK!

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Joe™
bowmike
500 Club

Re: PA TURKEY HUNTERS

Unread postby bowmike » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:48 am

Got mine yesterday. YOu have to buy it before the opening day as well.
NEXT YEAR I' HOLDING OUT FOR A BIG ONE!!
DeerDylan
500 Club

Unread postby DeerDylan » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:22 pm

I need to do that tomorrow! This whole deer hunting "obsession" thing has me feeling pretty unprepared for gobbler season :lol:
Outdoor814
500 Club

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:57 pm

I cannot waite! I have been doing a lot of observing and listening before work and after and have a lot of flocks located and pretty much pinned down to sertin areas. I'm feeling super confident and I got that second tag so I could get lots of footage and be a little picky if I choose to take a second bird.

Joe™
bowmike
500 Club

Unread postby bowmike » Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:59 am

I am pumped. Spring gobbler is my obsession as is custom calls. I love deer hunting but gobbler is way more exciting for me. I don't have time to really put in effort for scouting whitetails and my time is very limited with my young family, so I am happy with any deer that supplies us meat for the freezer. But gobblers its full fan or bust, and I am out every single second I can be.

I have the whole first week mornings off 2-3 hours and have 9.. well 8 now since my nephew shot one, Located. Really hope to tag out first week and call for others. I just cant get enough of it. LOL
Outdoor814
500 Club

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:09 am

bowmike wrote:I am pumped. Spring gobbler is my obsession as is custom calls. I love deer hunting but gobbler is way more exciting for me. I don't have time to really put in effort for scouting whitetails and my time is very limited with my young family, so I am happy with any deer that supplies us meat for the freezer. But gobblers its full fan or bust, and I am out every single second I can be.

I have the whole first week mornings off 2-3 hours and have 9.. well 8 now since my nephew shot one, Located. Really hope to tag out first week and call for others. I just cant get enough of it. LOL

I hear ya, I love hunting whitetails but nothing get my heart pounding like a gobbler going nuts as he approaches me. It's a rush! I also just love spending time in the woods this time of year. When everything is waking up from its winter rest.

Joe™
bowmike
500 Club

Unread postby bowmike » Sat May 07, 2016 4:55 am

How is everyones season going.
Outdoor814
500 Club

Unread postby Outdoor814 » Sat May 07, 2016 5:00 pm

Haven't pulled the trigger yet but my season has been awesome! Ive gotten out everyday and have been seeing birds. Had some close encounters and got to do some stalking. I Haven't been filming as much as I would like to be. I give anyone that self films there hunts props. I had no idea how difficult it is trying to call to birds, get set up, film and be ready for a shot all while trying to be as still as possible.

Joe™

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”