Merriam's in Nebraska

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Brad

Merriam's in Nebraska

Unread postby Brad » Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:29 pm

Has anyone ever hunted Merriams turkeys in Nebraska? My dad and some buddies are thinking of setting up an extended weekend turkey hunt down there during archery season in April. Not asking for specific spots by any means, I can take care of that myself, but can anyone recommend a quadrant of the state to perhaps start the search?

Any tips for hunting Merriams in general?

Robert

Re: Merriam's in Nebraska

Unread postby Robert » Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:38 pm

My neighbor has gone a few times and has been successful each time. But I don't know where in the state he was. I can find out if you'd like.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:04 pm

Robert wrote:My neighbor has gone a few times and has been successful each time. But I don't know where in the state he was. I can find out if you'd like.

[ Post made via Android ] Image

Sure , if you don't mind. Again, not looking for exact spots by any means, just a general direction to start.
Hooks1

Unread postby Hooks1 » Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:25 pm

The north west corner of Nebraska around the town Chadron has National Forest And state WMA's and also the purest strain Of Merriams. There is a National Forest Ranger Station in Chadron where you can pick up a map of the forest.
SEMObowhunter

Unread postby SEMObowhunter » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:17 am

Hooks1 wrote:The north west corner of Nebraska around the town Chadron has National Forest And state WMA's and also the purest strain Of Merriams. There is a National Forest Ranger Station in Chadron where you can pick up a map of the forest.

^^This^^

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”