Blown away (new unexpected wingbone calls)

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowmike
500 Club

Blown away (new unexpected wingbone calls)

Unread postby bowmike » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:48 am

have been talking with member on another site since I first started turkey hunting. I wanted to make my own wing bone call and he chimed in with some tips and such. Since then we have become pretty good friends. I got to talk with him a bit at the picnic for Miranda last year and knew that our friendship would last quite a while. I could only imagine what he thought when every other time he logged in to HuntingPA he had a message from me about turkey hunting or something. It was great to have a mentor with turkey hunting as I do not personally know many who are as diehard as the members on this site. I also would love to see the look on his face a few years ago when I would let him know how many gobblers where answering my calls before season. I think one of his messages was "leave those birds alone!!"

I had some pretty good success this year and told Tony before the season that I would send him the bones from any of the turkey that I had harvested this year as a gift for helping with tips and tricks with turkey hunting. I took the bones out and cleaned them off as best I could. I have a new respect for these wing bone makers as it took me about an hour to get the meat and tendons off of this years bird, and my 2013 gobbler. I was so nervous that he would open up a box of stinking bones, that I nearly drove my wife nuts asking her if she thought they were clean enough.

I was just thinking to myself on the ride home form work yesterday, "Man I really should get a hold of Tony, and get him to make a wing bone call out of the Jake I shot this spring. Man money is too tight for that right now, but I will get one eventually :( "

I got home and saw a package there for me. I was expecting a Tee shirt and a few flies from the Lively Legz guys so I was . I took it in the living room and opened it up. I was pumped, and my wife asked:

"Are you going to open the other package"

"What package"

"The white box out there, its addressed to Corbin, what did you buy behind my back now?"

I had to laugh at that remark, as I have tried to slip a few things hunting or fishing related under the radar but never have succeeded.

I went out and grabbed the box and saw it was from Tony.

I was really excited, and took it in to let Corbin open the package.

It had a note on it that I read to him. Really great not. I am not going to reveal what it said, but it told of how Tony was a friend of Corbins dad, and that he made a call for him. At the end of the note it said "PS I made your dad a call too so you can practice together"

He also let me know that my call was made from the bones from my jake.

I am not going to lie this made me a tad emotional, as I really really really wanted a call out of my jakes bones, but money was just too tight, and I am not the kind of guy to ask someone to let me make payments and such.

Here are a few pics of the calls that Fall Gobbler has made for Corbin and I.

The craftsmanship on these calls is out of this world. The attention to detail on the wraps and artwork is outstanding. The fit and finish if flawless. I flat out love the calls and the fact I got a match set to use with my son is awesome.

These calls really mean a lot to me. I love spending time in the outdoors with my son whether it be roosting turkeys, teaching him to use a box call, fly fishing, or scouting for deer. These calls will bring us together as we learn to use them together. I will be taking the call out in the fall and trying for some fall birds with it, and will be sure to have it around my neck this spring.

I really feel blessed to have become friends with a lot of great people. The call makers on this site are some of the best in the country and are just down right good people. THe only bad thing about getting these wingbones and the yelper from SP Boss is that I will now have to practice with them, much to the excitement of my wife. LOL

Thanks again for the calls Tony and hope we can remain friends for quite a while. I hope we can meet up and do some hunting when Corbin is old enough as well.

NEXT YEAR I' HOLDING OUT FOR A BIG ONE!!
bowmike
500 Club

Re: Blown away (new unexpected wingbone calls)

Unread postby bowmike » Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:51 am

if anyone wants his email address to contact him shoot me a message. He can do all sorts of colors for thread, and has some bones in stock, and also can make them from your harvested bird. Price is around 45.00 for one like mine, and 35 if you don't want any wraps, or artwork.

Thanks, he really is a great guy.
NEXT YEAR I' HOLDING OUT FOR A BIG ONE!!
Tapeworm

Unread postby Tapeworm » Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:14 am

He has talent. They look great. Congrats. Also shows how fellow hunters help each other out.

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:57 pm

Wow! Those are sweet lookn calls

"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:58 pm

:clap: 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
iHuntItALL
Facebook: No facebook for me!

Unread postby iHuntItALL » Thu Nov 12, 2015 10:59 am

Wow! Those are really something. I would like to get one custom made from a turkey I shot....just gotta shoot one first.
Crossbow Killer
Peeps22
500 Club

Unread postby Peeps22 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:27 am

That is some impressive stuff right there. They look great and im sure they sound just as good!

Peeps22
500 Club

Unread postby Peeps22 » Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:27 am

That is some impressive stuff right there. They look great and im sure they sound just as good!

Hooks1

Unread postby Hooks1 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:00 pm

Very nice looking calls. Great friend !!

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”