Gotta love it (funny story from this morning)

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

bowmike
500 Club

Gotta love it (funny story from this morning)

Unread postby bowmike » Thu May 28, 2015 4:53 am

Yesterday I located a pretty hot gobbler. My buddy who got me into turkey hunting still has a tag. I told him where the bird was, what he was doing, where he was going, where to set up, and pretty much figured if the bird was still roosting there he would have a good crack at him.

I went out this morning an sat on the opposite hill side to listen to the festivities that were about to unfold. There is no way the gobbler can see where I am.

I start hearing the bird hammering and get excited for my buddy. I can hear some really good sounding hen yelps coming from about 50 yards away from the bird on the roost. The bird is losing his mind and probably gobble 100 times on the roost.

All gos silent, for about 5 minutes. I am thinking in my head "nice use of the silent treatment"

I hear the bird pitch out of the tree and triple gobble and start working the way of "where my buddy is"

Bird is hammering hard. Probably the most gobbling I Heard all year. I am sitting perpendicular from the opposite hill side, and can tell he is closing. I am thinking in my head that bird has to be 25-35 yards away right now.

I look at my phone and it is time for me to leave. I slip out with the gobbler still hammering. I am thinking I have to hear a gun shot on the way out.

Well about 20 minutes ago I get a text that his phone died and he didn't even go out. LOL seems like I got a front row seat to listening to nature at its finest. LOL

Gotta love it but I am going to be riding him on this one for a while that's for sure. He cant go out tomorrow and if he doesn't get him today, I will go out tomorrow and get some practice with my glass call.

I did see a beautiful doe on the way out. She just stood there. I snagged a pic and let her go.

Man I love hearing those thunder chickens, even if a your buddy slept in on probably one of the hottest birds in the area, and had a giftwrapped birthday present. LOL

I found out from another friend that my buddy got into some Fireball and Busch light last night since it was his birthday.

"Sorry you didn't get your birthday present from me...I gift wrapped him for you" LOL

NEXT YEAR I' HOLDING OUT FOR A BIG ONE!!
hunter_mike

Re: Gotta love it (funny story from this morning)

Unread postby hunter_mike » Thu May 28, 2015 5:10 am

:lol: nice 8-)
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu May 28, 2015 8:00 am

:lol: :lol:
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
bowmike
500 Club

Unread postby bowmike » Thu May 28, 2015 8:17 am

Yeah I was sitting there getting all fired up waiting to hear a shot. listening for a shot the whole time. Felt like an idiot after I got that text. I could have called him right in.
NEXT YEAR I' HOLDING OUT FOR A BIG ONE!!
Beauford

Unread postby Beauford » Thu May 28, 2015 8:28 am

Your buddy missed a good morning :D
Wlog
500 Club

Unread postby Wlog » Fri May 29, 2015 12:37 am

LOL! Alcohol ruins everything!

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”