Alps Outdoorz Turkey Chair

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

trybowfishin

Re: Alps Outdoorz Turkey Chair

Unread postby trybowfishin » Tue May 12, 2015 5:46 am

Burkhart, where have you found that chair for $27? The cheapest I have found is $37...

bowhunter15
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/DIY-Spor ... 3136327062

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Wed May 13, 2015 8:54 am

Curious... what made you decide to switch from the vest to the chair? Seems like the vest would do everything the chair would but lighter? Apart from being elevated a couple inches and maybe a little more comfortable? I just picked up a Cabelas minimalist turkey vest last night. Cushion is pretty comfy, and with the elastic straps the cushion flips up out of the way when I stand and start walking. No need to even touch it, and it only weighs like 3 pounds. Enough pockets for mouth call, locator, pot call, water bottle, camera lens, and an extendable water-resistant, bloodproof game/decoy bag in the back.

Heck, I think I might even be able to take the seat off and use it deer hunting to carry my Lonewolf assassin in the bag pouch and camera equipment in the front, and skip the backpack altogether.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed May 13, 2015 8:58 am

bowhunter15 wrote:Curious... what made you decide to switch from the vest to the chair? Seems like the vest would do everything the chair would but lighter? Apart from being elevated a couple inches and maybe a little more comfortable? I just picked up a Cabelas minimalist turkey vest last night. Cushion is pretty comfy, and with the elastic straps the cushion flips up out of the way when I stand and start walking. No need to even touch it, and it only weighs like 3 pounds. Enough pockets for mouth call, locator, pot call, water bottle, camera lens, and an extendable water-resistant, bloodproof game/decoy bag in the back.

Heck, I think I might even be able to take the seat off and use it deer hunting to carry my Lonewolf assassin in the bag pouch and camera equipment in the front, and skip the backpack altogether.

Climbing one stick with a saddle?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
bowhunter15

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:00 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
bowhunter15 wrote:Curious... what made you decide to switch from the vest to the chair? Seems like the vest would do everything the chair would but lighter? Apart from being elevated a couple inches and maybe a little more comfortable? I just picked up a Cabelas minimalist turkey vest last night. Cushion is pretty comfy, and with the elastic straps the cushion flips up out of the way when I stand and start walking. No need to even touch it, and it only weighs like 3 pounds. Enough pockets for mouth call, locator, pot call, water bottle, camera lens, and an extendable water-resistant, bloodproof game/decoy bag in the back.

That would probably work, though I don't use the saddle. I might be able to fit the Assassin with 3 mini sticks and extensions in the pouch. It probably weighs less and is smaller than a full sized tom turkey. Haven't had any practice yet with the one stick method... need to buy a rock climbing harness.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed May 13, 2015 9:16 am

bowhunter15 wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:

That would probably work, though I don't use the saddle. I might be able to fit the Assassin with 3 mini sticks and extensions in the pouch. It probably weighs less and is smaller than a full sized tom turkey. Haven't had any practice yet with the one stick method... need to buy a rock climbing harness.

Interesting. You'd definitely drop the weight if you go saddle or web. I'd be interested to see how your final set up comes together in performance and weight.

My lightest one excluding the saddle is an 8 lb assault and one full length stick with runner...about 11 lbs. With my camera, arm, fluid head, and misc gear it's at about 20 lbs.

bowhunter15

Unread postby bowhunter15 » Wed May 13, 2015 9:35 am

BassBoysLLP wrote:
bowhunter15 wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:

Interesting. You'd definitely drop the weight if you go saddle or web. I'd be interested to see how your final set up comes together in performance and weight.

My lightest one excluding the saddle is an 8 lb assault and one full length stick with runner...about 11 lbs. With my camera, arm, fluid head, and misc gear it's at about 20 lbs.

How do you work the camera arm with the saddle or web? It looks to me that the strap attaching to the tree up high and connecting to your waist would interfere with the camera arm that's currently positioned right above my waist strap with the assassin. That's the main thing that's kept me from getting a saddle.
BassBoysLLP
500 Club

Unread postby BassBoysLLP » Wed May 13, 2015 9:42 am

bowhunter15 wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:
bowhunter15 wrote:
BassBoysLLP wrote:

How do you work the camera arm with the saddle or web? It looks to me that the strap attaching to the tree up high and connecting to your waist would interfere with the camera arm that's currently positioned right above my waist strap with the assassin. That's the main thing that's kept me from getting a saddle.

Never filmed from the saddle but it can be done. Look up flinginairos on AT or you tube. He filmed most of last year with the web and started climbing one stick

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”