Tagged Out In KY

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

gutone4me
500 Club

Tagged Out In KY

Unread postby gutone4me » Sun May 03, 2015 5:55 am

Well finally punched my second tag here in KY yesterday am. To say this is the most uncooperative ive ever seen turkeys would be an understatement. They were down right rude.

Id been 60-70 yards from this tom at least a half dozen times in the last week and just couldnt get him to commit or be in the right place where I could work with him. Same story Friday after watching him hit the field with a jake and 2 hens and having them hardly move 30 yards in over an hour I had all but given up on being able to get in done again on this day. But the hens finally fed around the corner allowing me to make a move. I circled the field and got almost to the spot I thought I needed to be when I bust 3 deer out into the field and they booger the turkeys across the field. I could go on an endless rant about how bad I dislike deer during turkey season but will save that for another post.

Back on the move I made another big loop hoping to get in front of them. The terrain here in KY is good for sneaking as about 15 yards into the woods theres is normally a sharp drop off allowing one to sneak and peak I call it. well I made my loop and as I snuck up the bluff to peak I could hear him strutting turns out I popped up perfectly at 25 yards I waiting for him to turn and clucked. He broke strut and poked his head up and I rolled him.

Nice tom as he weighed 22 lbs had a 10.5 inch beard and spurs just over an inch. Happy end to a rather difficult season.

Edcyclopedia

Re: Tagged Out In KY

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Sun May 03, 2015 6:18 am

Those are some daggers!
Big head too...
Congrats

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
AntlerAddiction

Unread postby AntlerAddiction » Thu May 07, 2015 9:43 am

Great story and bird!
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Thu May 07, 2015 11:39 am

Awesome job, and congrats on a great bird and being tagged out in KY! :clap:

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”