2015 season prep has begun!

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

SonofUlam

2015 season prep has begun!

Unread postby SonofUlam » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:08 am

A couple days ago I had a flock of 30 birds in a corn field behind my house and it got me thinking, "I need to order Dan's turkey hunting DVD!" So I did, cant' wait to see it; I'm already dreaming about that big gobbler! :dance:

[glow=green]1 Chronicles 8:40, "The sons of Ulam were brave warriors who could handle the bow..."[/glow]
SRWbowhunter

Re: 2015 season prep has begun!

Unread postby SRWbowhunter » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:16 am

Very true as soon as deer season ends I get excited all over again for turkey

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:19 am

Cool.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Thermals
500 Club

Unread postby Thermals » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:24 am

I love turkey hunting but this year my main focus to get my boys a bird and spend more time scouting for beds

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
NCmedic

Unread postby NCmedic » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:58 am

I'm hoping to kill my first turkey this year! I should've gotten one last year but I didn't shoot when I had the opportunity... definitely learned from that one!
elknturkey

Unread postby elknturkey » Fri Mar 06, 2015 7:17 pm

Turkey hunting is my true love. I hunt multiple states and rarely miss a day. I love deer hunting and I go hardcore at it but battling with a bird one on one is something I truly love and I can't wait for each sunrise March-May. Going to start listening this weekend and get in a good day of shed hunting. Good luck this spring fellows and be safe

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Racks&Beards

Unread postby Racks&Beards » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:54 am

Not gonna lie, if someone forced me to choose between deer or turkey hunting for the rest of my life, well....GOBBLE GOBBLE, BOOM! Let's do this!
Speed is fine...Accuracy is final.
msailor

Unread postby msailor » Sat Mar 07, 2015 2:57 am

burkhart wrote:
Racks&Beards wrote:Not gonna lie, if someone forced me to choose between deer or turkey hunting for the rest of my life, well....GOBBLE GOBBLE, BOOM! Let's do this!

Gobble gobble... boom boom boom boom .... curse word...... reload.... sprint :D :lol:

Burkhart, is the curse word because you missed or because your plug was out? :D
SonofUlam

Unread postby SonofUlam » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:10 pm

It's like they know what's coming! 2 weeks before the first season here in MN and the gobblers I've seen nearly every week for months have disappeared! But for me- going out and finding em is half the fun!

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
[glow=green]1 Chronicles 8:40, "The sons of Ulam were brave warriors who could handle the bow..."[/glow]
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:39 pm

burkhart wrote:
Racks&Beards wrote:Not gonna lie, if someone forced me to choose between deer or turkey hunting for the rest of my life, well....GOBBLE GOBBLE, BOOM! Let's do this!

Gobble gobble... boom boom boom boom .... curse word...... reload.... sprint :D :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ;)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Thankfully we don't have to choose. I turkey hunt to help pass the time until deer season but it's still fun. I had an experience last year that illustrated to me that I'm a deer hunter first. I was hunting on public and located two birds late in the morning and was belly crawling along the edge of a wood line seperating two fields trying to cut off the birds when I happened to look over and see a nice shed laying on the ground. Needless to say I missed out on the birds due to the extra time I took to admire the antler. Anyways good luck to all this turkey season.
Whitetailaddict
500 Club

Unread postby Whitetailaddict » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:16 pm

Thankfully we don't have to choose. I turkey hunt to help pass the time until deer season but it's still fun. I had an experience last year that illustrated to me that I'm a deer hunter first. I was hunting on public and located two birds late in the morning and was belly crawling along the edge of a wood line seperating two fields trying to cut off the birds when I happened to look over and see a nice shed laying on the ground. Needless to say I missed out on the birds due to the extra time I took to admire the antler. Anyways good luck to all this turkey season.
backstraps

Unread postby backstraps » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:55 pm

I love turkey hunting. I would probably still choose deer hunting simply because I still have not achieved my goals.

Turkey hunting for me is such a rush though. I certainly look forward to turkey season more :)

[ Post made via Android ] Image

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”