2012 Turkey Contest Winners 1st - 9th place

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
Brad

Re: 2012 Turkey Contest Winners 1st - 6th place

Unread postby Brad » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:54 am

I was brand new to the beast last fall and got my feet wet and started reading and replying to a lot of threads on here. Long story short I shot 2 bucks last fall that were way smaller than a lot of peoples and I still placed and won a prize. I feel like that is all I could ask for, I won a fishing trip in the Ozarks for shooting two deer that I would have shot anyways, and writing up two storys and posting a few photo's. I had 2 hours of my time in it and won an experiance of a lifetime for my efforts. There is no entry fee so all I had in it was my time. Enter all the contests, and you just never know what might happen. A year ago I didn't know this site existed, now I have lots of friends on this site who I text or call several times a week. There is no losing in that no matter how you look at it.
dan wrote:
spring creek wrote:Ah..I just knew it was a waste of time and effort and that is discouraging. Guess I'll go ahead and order a video when this setles down. That would have been my choice anyway.

At least I know better than to get into the big buck contest. I just can't get onto the kind of bucks it takes to be competitive.

Popular hunters do sometimes get more votes, but you might be surprised by the results of past contests. We have had young guys win with small bucks, and a foreigner who flew to the USA to hunt whitetails for the 1st time, who won with a button buck... New guys win too... Sometimes I am shocked as I watch the voting results come in... But it does help to be on the forum talking about your hunts, guys start rooting for you.

[ Post made via BlackBerry ] Image

Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:55 am

spring creek wrote:Ah..I just knew it was a waste of time and effort and that is discouraging. Guess I'll go ahead and order a video when this setles down. That would have been my choice anyway.

At least I know better than to get into the big buck contest. I just can't get onto the kind of bucks it takes to be competitive.

I am sure some of the votes went to guys that are proactive on the site. Another thing that can get more votes is killing one with a bow. Run and gun hunting success can get some votes. Keep in mind the contests number one goal is to have fun. Some guys hunted hard and didn't get a bird so you are way ahead of them. You killed a nice long beard so I would say you did ok. Good luck and get into the buck contest it won't hurt a thing.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:42 pm

Stanley wrote:Another thing that can get more votes is killing one with a bow.

Not necessarily.......

3 years, 6 contests, 3 self-filmed bow killed toms, 3 public land bucks, and still no top 5 for me. It is what it is and I don't let it get me down. I don't kill birds, or bucks, for the sake of winning a contest......but it's nice to have that chance.
Zap

Unread postby Zap » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:08 pm

Ack wrote:
Stanley wrote:Another thing that can get more votes is killing one with a bow.

Not necessarily.......

3 years, 6 contests, 3 self-filmed bow killed toms, 3 public land bucks, and still no top 5 for me. It is what it is and I don't let it get me down. I don't kill birds, or bucks, for the sake of winning a contest......but it's nice to have that chance.

Thats definately an accomplishment, Ack! 8-)

Good luck this fall. :mrgreen:
"Forged in fire lit long ago. Stand next to me and you will never stand alone".
MattyG

Unread postby MattyG » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:09 pm

Congrats guys and gal's... i hope next year i just get a turkey lol
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:34 am

Congrats to all

My criteria go like this

1: Public vs Private(aka pressure)
2: Weapon
3: Time spent including scouting
4: Story

While #4 is story, a good story will get a big + in my book. Dont really care who is who on the site when it comes to voting. Tell the story, use good pics and or video and swing for the fence. If you shoot one five minutes into opening morning the story is going to depend whether I vote for you.
RaisedByWolves
500 Club

Unread postby RaisedByWolves » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:56 pm

BigHunt wrote:wow this is great....i want to thank the infalts and every member on this forum for making this the best site on the net. i also want to thank EVERYONE for this contest and congratulate every one who was able to put one down this year!!!! congrats to all the beast who entered in the competition , it was a tough one! this is my best year so far!!!!!! 8-)

Big X2!
When better is possible, good is never good enough
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:09 pm

Congrats to the winners and everyone who killed a bird!

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:25 pm

You've got a chance to win the buck contest, I won and I'm a nobody on this site. I had not met ANY members prior to a scouting workshop Dan held. Keep your head high and hunt hard.

I'd buy both of Dan's videos if I was you. I would not have killed my buck this year without the knowledge I gained from the Marsh Bucks video......and that is a fact.

BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:32 pm

Jackson Marsh wrote:
I won and I'm a nobody on this site.

well i wouldn't say a nobody :?
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Jackson Marsh

Unread postby Jackson Marsh » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:52 pm

BigHunt wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:

...you know what I 'm saying tho'......I am not one of the more experienced big buck killers...........yet:)

PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:06 pm

Congrats to all the winners!!

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
BigHunt

Unread postby BigHunt » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:34 am

Jackson Marsh wrote:
BigHunt wrote:
Jackson Marsh wrote:

...you know what I 'm saying tho'......I am not one of the more experienced big buck killers...........yet:)

i dont believe that either...... :mrgreen:

the ride down to dans house in jan was a good time ...i learned alot about you man 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
Dor
500 Club
Facebook: Chris Dornack

Unread postby Dor » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:52 am

jlh42581 wrote:Congrats to all

My criteria go like this

1: Public vs Private(aka pressure)
2: Weapon
3: Time spent including scouting
4: Story

While #4 is story, a good story will get a big + in my book. Dont really care who is who on the site when it comes to voting. Tell the story, use good pics and or video and swing for the fence. If you shoot one five minutes into opening morning the story is going to depend whether I vote for you.

Mine-
1. Bow
2. Photo/video quality
3. public is nice but not required
4. NOT MUDDY...until he gives me that knife I deserve :mrgreen:

Call The Footed Shaft to order Kwik-Straps 507-288-7581 or order at the kwik-strap.com
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:17 am

Congrats to all! :animals-chickencatch:
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”