Who is still turkey hunting?

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ozzz

Re: Who is still turkey hunting?

Unread postby ozzz » Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:48 am

Im done. Missed one with the bow this year. Looking forward to giving it another stab next year though. Keep getting closer.
If it bleeds, we can kill it . . . .
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:41 pm

Done. We hunted til the end (May 31). I was driving home early yesterday and decided to loop one of my spots. Had a tom out in the front field with 3 hens. I hurried home the last 5 miles and Helen was home. I said there is a big tom in the field and looks killable, want to go try a sneak. She looked at me walked and grabbed the vacuum and turned it on.

Well, I was thinking that was the bird I blew it on, on the opener afternoon. He was near the same spot I snuck in on, and I thought I trained him not to go there again, as I blew the shot. But there he was on the last day taunting me. So after Helen turned on the vacuum, I called my buddy Dan and said if you can drop everything and get over hear we can kill this bird, Dan said I am on my way and I walked inside. Helen turned off the vacuum, looked at me and said what do I need to do?

So off we went up the road, to get this tom. We caught him in the middle field. I think he caught us moving in and somehow he and the three hens got behind us. I got to see a doe with a fawn, first fawn sighting for me. Watched the little one through the binocs for a while.

Tried to push a turkey to my wife or Dan, but didnt work out as I hoped. Again I am done. Greatful for another season. The turkeys have taught me a lot
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
Stanley
Honorary Moderator
Facebook: None

Unread postby Stanley » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:42 pm

I'm done and so is the season. Never got a big beard in to bow range. Did pass a few Jakes. No complaints on my season, even though I ended up with out tagging one.
You can fool some of the bucks, all of the time, and fool all of the bucks, some of the time, however you certainly can't fool all of the bucks, all of the time.

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”