turkey tastes better than video games

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ryanm

turkey tastes better than video games

Unread postby ryanm » Tue May 11, 2010 2:23 am

I took my 6 year old out with me yesterday afternoon for some last chance run and gun. I let him choose whether to bring the bow or gun but all Ethan really wanted to do was play video games. On the way out we were busted by a turkey that we never got a look at. 5th season weather has been more like 1st or second season with some 50mph wind gusts that took my blind down and tore it up Wednesday. Thu was nice, but I went to work and Fri was all rain so I went to work.

Ethan hung in there for two hours before asking to go home. Then we had the excitement of a mole that tried to climb in his chair that woke me up from my nap. I was about to give in and go home but a gobbler made the mistake of sounding off. In came a jake a few minutes later that hopped up on a log a few yards from the blind. I put a bead on him but the gobbler sounded off on the other side the river. I tried to show Ethan the gobbler through the screen's on the window while the tom was looking at us, but I don't think he saw him.

The tom followed the same path through the fallen trees the jake took and I put the gun out the window again and one of the window magnets snapped onto the gun and distracted me for a bit. Pulling the magnet off I got a bead on him and dropped him at 40 yards or so. I'm not sure Ethan wants to be a turkey hunter like his younger brother and older sister, but it was fun to share the experience with him. Good times.

WiBowhuntress

Re: turkey tastes better than video games

Unread postby WiBowhuntress » Tue May 11, 2010 2:35 am

Very Nice Ryan -
Congratulations on the nice bird. Hopefully your son will pick up the urge...it was cool for you to take him :)
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Re: turkey tastes better than video games

Unread postby dan » Tue May 11, 2010 2:55 am

Awesome! I love to see hunters including there kids. 8-)

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”