2012 TURKEY CONTEST --- ENTER HERE BY POSTING "I'M IN"

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

2012 TURKEY CONTEST --- ENTER HERE BY POSTING "I'M IN"

Unread postby dan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:53 pm

ENTER HERE BY POSTING "I'M IN"

Yea, yea, I know its kind of late, but just sounds like a fun thing to do...

Here is how I would like to work it... We will let anybody enter the contest that is a registered forum member, and has not yet killed the entry bird prior to entering.. Be honest. The 500 club members will do the voting. Votes should be based on bird size, the story behind the hunt, difficulty in hunt, etc... Any legal method of harvest can be used. Must be "fair chase". We reserve the right to exclude any person from this contest if we have reason to suspect the law was violated during the hunt. When you kill a legal turkey, you post a picture of it and a brief story. ( if you are having issues posting pictures, contact me, Carol, or one of the mod's for help ) Any species of turkey may be entered. Multiple turkeys may be entered.

After the end of the season all the forum 500 club members will be asked to read the stories and view the pic's and vote on there favorite hunter/turkey based on size, weapon, hardship, age of hunter, disability of hunter, etc. The one with the most votes gets 1st place, second most, 2nd place.... and 3rd place etc... and will get to pick prizes based on what place they took, until we are out of prizes.

If anyone else would like to donate a prize please let me know.

I will not be participating in winning a prize, but everyone else is eligible. This contest is to thank you Guys / Gal's for all your support.

***** Dan's Disclaimer*****
We are not responsible for prizes that are not delivered by the people donating them. If you can't make the dates available, or you dislike the prize, well, tough... Feel free to email or contact the donor prior to choosing your prize. Once you choose your prize, your choice is final. No (trip) prize can be sold, traded, or given to another person without permission of the donor granting the prize... Choose wisely.

***Winners outside the United States are responsible for shipping costs.

*In the event of a tie. The names will be entered into a random generator and ties will be broke this way from now on.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Uncle Lou, of Stealth outdoors has jumped in and is donating 3 packages of the Climbing Stick silencing kits. Each kit contains 4 pcs 4" x 32".
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dan Small will interview the winner and air the interview on Outdoors Radio and also post a photo of the winner in his e-newsletter.
THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT DAN ! 8-)

Dan and his on-air sidekick "Hardwater" Jeff Kelm bring you timely and informative hunting, fishing and conservation topics covering Wisconsin and the upper Midwest. The show features interviews with professionals from fishing, hunting to conservation and more. Dan Small is the face and voice of MPTV's Outdoor Wisconsin and the weekly voice of Dan Small Outdoors Radio: Wisconsin's #1 Outdoor Radio Show. Check out Dan's radio show by clicking this link:
http://www.lake-link.com/radio/show.cfm ... ors-Radio/

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trudell Outdoor Adventures and Taxidermy Studios will donate a gift bag with a TOA hat, Key Chain and $150 gift certificate toward a full body turkey mount! http://www.trudelloutdooradventures.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Schultzy has made a very generous offer!

I'll donate a hunting suit that will be custom made by Enigma Camo. Premium BDU Blouse and BDU Pant. It's top of the line In their products. Who ever chooses this will call Chuck Pensyl (owner of Enigma Camo) and give him their measurements and discuss what accessories they want on their blouse and pants. Phone number Is 570 233-2537. Here's the link to the BDU Blouse and pants.

http://www.enigmacamo.com/products/bdus/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
An, annonymous donor would like to Donate 2 fifty dollar gas cards.

----------

jlh42581 will donate a semi guided turkey hunt on public land in pa... 2 days.

Details:

You can stay at my place or a hotel
I will drive(I can pick you up at University Park Airport, State College PA if needed)
You can use my decoys and ground blind(if you want)
If you fly to save the hassle, if you want you are welcome to use my 870 pump
Ill find the birds before you arrive, you can either have me call for you or hunt them alone
You can eat dinner with my family
You will need a valid PA license
You must provide your own camo
Can be an archery hunt but you must provide everything for bow needs. Bow birds can be really tough here.
Hunt will take place 2013 or 2014(Your choice) within PA's determined spring season on Friday/Saturday (Sunday still illegal in PA)

Keep in mind, last two weeks you can hunt all day, first two weeks till noon only

If you hold a valid pa fishing license and you choose, my parents live on one of the top trout streams in the nation that is catch and release only. We can sneak in some fishing at some point or fish that sunday. I will have to return to work that monday so thats the best I can do.

I am not a paid guide but I get on birds every spring. Have high expectations but I cannot guarantee you a bird. What I can guarantee you is that I will try everything I can to get you in position to kill a bird.
-- Extremely generous! jlh42581 :D THANKS!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Carol & I will donate 1 DVD of choice ( from whats in stock ) to 2 winners

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brad Lamont is donating a turkey fan and beard mount. Unfortunately due to shipping conditions, winner has to arrange drop off and pick up, can't really ship a turkey fan very easily without shipping costing in the triple digits. Make sure you can arrange drop off and pick up, before picking this prize.
THANKS BRAD!!! :D
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muddy will donate an Extreme Turkey Tactics DVD as well as one of the new OutreachOutdoors DVDs.
THANKS MUDDY!!! :D
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Matty G has donated an Extreme Turkey Tactics DVD! THANKS!!! 8-)

Alan Bliss has donated some combo trophy mounts / decoys

Mountain Man
500 Club

Re: 2012 TURKEY CONTEST --- ENTER HERE BY POSTING "I'M IN"

Unread postby Mountain Man » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:04 pm

I'm in.
Brad

Unread postby Brad » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:37 pm

I'm in

I will donate a turkey fan and beard mount. Unfortunately due to shipping conditions, winner has to arrange drop off and pick up, can't really ship a turkey fan very easily without shipping costing in the triple digits.
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:46 pm

I'm in

[ Post made via Android ] Image
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
solocam88
500 Club

Unread postby solocam88 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:08 pm

I'm In
muddy

Unread postby muddy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:23 pm

I'm in. I will donate an Extreme Turkey Tactics DVD as well as one of the new OutreachOutdoors DVDs.

http://www.iowawhitetail.com
Leading the way for habitat and management information

"It's a good thing you don't need commas and colons to kill deer" -seaz
AC Rider
500 Club

Unread postby AC Rider » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:07 pm

I'm in! I'll donate a signed and numbered photo of me with a long beard :D
PredatorTC
500 Club

Unread postby PredatorTC » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:27 pm

In! 8-) FUnny part is, I dont even know if I have a tag yet :lol:
Ack

Unread postby Ack » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:31 pm

In 8-)
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:36 pm

AC Rider wrote:I'm in! I'll donate a signed and numbered photo of me with a long beard :D

LOL!!! Ha Ha!!!!

Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
cornfedkiller
500 Club

Unread postby cornfedkiller » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:48 pm

Sign me up.
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:34 pm

Im in

Season doesnt start here till Apr 28 and ends May 31
jlh42581
500 Club

Unread postby jlh42581 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:42 pm

Ill donate a semi guided turkey hunt on public land in pa... 2 days.

Details

• You can stay at my place or a hotel
    I will drive(I can pick you up at University Park Airport, State College PA if needed)
    You can use my decoys and ground blind(if you want)
    If you fly to save the hassle, if you want you are welcome to use my 870 pump
    Ill find the birds before you arrive, you can either have me call for you or hunt them alone
    You can eat dinner with my family
    You will need a valid PA license
    You must provide your own camo
    Can be an archery hunt but you must provide everything for bow needs. Bow birds can be really tough here.
    Hunt will take place 2013 or 2014(Your choice) within PA's determined spring season on Friday/Saturday (Sunday still illegal in PA)

Keep in mind, last two weeks you can hunt all day, first two weeks till noon only

If you hold a valid pa fishing license and you choose, my parents live on one of the top trout streams in the nation that is catch and release only. We can sneak in some fishing at some point or fish that sunday. I will have to return to work that monday so thats the best I can do.

I am not a paid guide but I get on birds every spring. Have high expectations but I cannot guarantee you a bird. What I can guarantee you is that I will try everything I can to get you in position to kill a bird.
mossyoak

Unread postby mossyoak » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:12 am

Iam in!

UPbowhunter
Facebook: todd freeman

Unread postby UPbowhunter » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:39 am

Im in.
Go Go Epic Stuff, Seek Wilderness

• Advertisement