Wisconsin thinks very highly of their turkey permits

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

goldtip5575
500 Club

Re: Wisconsin thinks very highly of their turkey permits

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:39 am

Bucky wrote:
goldtip5575 wrote:
Bucky wrote:WI turkey application is a joke IMO..... The cost 2 hunt and limited time does not make sense 2 me

[ Post made via iPad ] Image

[tab=30] $3.00 to apply.$20.25 for a stamp and license thats a whole whopping $23.25 i hope you dont think thats alot a pay to hunt turkeys for 7 days.Try to entertain yourself any cheaper.

If you get a bang out of hunting turkeys for $25 more power to ya... but you can kill 3 deer in WI for the same price tag and hunt them for roughly 100 days :shock:

[tab=30] Well I CAN GO FISHING 365 DAYS A YEAR 24- 7 FOR $20.00.STOP BEING SO CHEAP AND PAY THE MONEY ITS STILL A BARGAIN.Its never really about the money for me. :violin:

Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:45 am

:think:

Ok... u are right

I just don't care for turkeys... :twisted:
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:59 am

Bucky wrote::think:

I just don't care for turkeys... :twisted:

Never did get the whole turkey hunting thing in WI. :?

Maybe in the spring it's fun, but in the fall they are a dumb bird. A guy can catch them in a fishing landing net if you really want to. oh boy. ;) :lol:
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:12 am

Tag costs should reflect a hunter who hunts for food in my opinion... Buy pricing out people who live off the land, you turn all hunters into sport hunters. The tag alone costs more than you can buy a farm raised bird for... Sorry. But I think thats sad.
Its like paying $600 for a deer tag for yourself, each of your kids, and your wife so you can go back to the family farm in Iowa and hunt deer with your dad...
The price should reflect that if successful, you make a profit in meat.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:15 am

dan wrote:Tag costs should reflect a hunter who hunts for food in my opinion... Buy pricing out people who live off the land, you turn all hunters into sport hunters. The tag alone costs more than you can buy a farm raised bird for... Sorry. But I think thats sad.
Its like paying $600 for a deer tag for yourself, each of your kids, and your wife so you can go back to the family farm in Iowa and hunt deer with your dad...

I was kinda gonna go the same way with that arguement but stopped b4 things got heated

Hodag - what to you think? don't you wish this chicken was a turkey instead :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:animals-chickencatch: Turkey aka dumb chicken!
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:19 am

That smiley thingy is classic!!!!

A turkey and a chicken are darn near the same thing. :lol: :lol:
goldtip5575
500 Club

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:10 am

[tab=30]dan wrote:Tag costs should reflect a hunter who hunts for food in my opinion... Buy pricing out people who live off the land, you turn all hunters into sport hunters. The tag alone costs more than you can buy a farm raised bird for... Sorry. But I think thats sad.

[tab=30] Dont take this the wrong way but how much $ does yours or others turkey dvds cost? More than a farm raised bird probably .Living off the lands been dead for decades now thanks to turning hunting into entertainment..Plus the DNR is the only reason turkeys are in my part of the state they should set the cost.
goldtip5575
500 Club

Unread postby goldtip5575 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:19 am

dan wrote:Tag costs should reflect a hunter who hunts for food in my opinion... Buy pricing out people who live off the land, you turn all hunters into sport hunters. The tag alone costs more than you can buy a farm raised bird for... Sorry. But I think thats sad.

[tab=30] If it was about the meat all of us wouldnt spend thousands of dollars on deer mounts.You could buy alot of meat with that money. :lol:
bpaulson

Unread postby bpaulson » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:03 am

Exactly what I meant with the 12 dollar wild turkey breast.
blackwolf
500 Club

Unread postby blackwolf » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:36 am

Wish I had more time to get out and try the turkey thing. Seems like I am always busy with lawn care and use the little extra time in the spring for deer scouting. Wis. defintely like to make money off the turkey hunts!
addisonlee

Unread postby addisonlee » Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:33 am

Zone 3 has plenty over the counter permits

http://dnr.wi.gov/org/caer/cs/springturkey/
whitetail007
500 Club

Unread postby whitetail007 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:44 am

there are so many turkeys in wisconsin that they should be paying people to shoot them. :violence-rapidfire:
I BELIEVE IN PEACE.........THROUGH SUPERIOR FIREPOWER!

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”