My first Turkey hunt back in 2008!

Bird Beast Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

ejzirbes
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000260207206

My first Turkey hunt back in 2008!

Unread postby ejzirbes » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:45 pm

My First turkey in 2008. I wanted to hunt turkey so who else better to ask to teach and show me how a good friend name Tyler. Aka "BIGHUNT" here on the beast. We went to his cabin in SW WI in what I like to call Gods country were there is hills and valleys as far as you can see. It started out early in morning around 5am . We got out in the woods and into his ground blind. By then there was at least 30 min till day break. Wasn't long before we heard some gobbles coming from the distance. It only took Tyer 30 sec to realize we needed to move and we needed to move NOW! "QUIK" He said, We got to get to the next valley over! We get over to that area and all of sudden we here A loud gobble not far from us! Tyler says " sit here next to this tree he"s coming up over this hill! Tyler then makes a call and right away we got a response from him. Tyler says " hes coming be ready to shoot!" Next thing I know this turkey heading left to right about 15 yrds from us toward are decoy! It just had to clear one tree and it was directly in my shooting lane. all at the same time Tyler says shoot.......BANG!!!! I shot him dead on. He didnt stand a chance of living TURKEY DOWN!!!!!!!!! 24lb and 9 inch beard! Was a nice turkey being it was my first too! It was very exciting experience and I thank no body but my Field Guide "BIGHUNT" Gotta say he sure knows what he's doing when it comes to Hunting. Thanx Dude :!:
'
Last edited by ejzirbes on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ERIC
BigHunt

Re: My first Turkey hunt back in 2009!

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:47 pm

HUNT LIKE A BEAST
BigHunt

Re: My first Turkey hunt back in 2009!

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:58 pm

ejzirbes wrote:My First turkey in 2009. I wanted to hunt turkey so who else better to ask to teach and show me how a good friend name Tyler. Aka "BIGHUNT" here on the beast. We went to his cabin in SW WI in what I like to call Gods country were there is hills and valleys as far as you can see. It started out early in morning around 5am . We got out in the woods and into his ground blind. By then there was at least 30 min till day break. Wasn't long before we heard some gobbles coming from the distance. It only took Tyer 30 sec to realize we needed to move and we needed to move NOW! "QUIK" He said, We got to get to the next valley over! We get over to that area and all of sudden we here A loud gobble not far from us! Tyler says " sit here next to this tree he"s coming up over this hill! Tyler then makes a call and right away we got a response from him. Tyler says " hes coming be ready to shoot!" Next thing I know this turkey heading left to right about 15 yrds from us toward are decoy! It just had to clear one tree and it was directly in my shooting lane. all at the same time Tyler says shoot.......BANG!!!! I shot him dead on. He didnt stand a chance of living TURKEY DOWN!!!!!!!!! 24lb and 9 inch beard! Was a nice turkey being it was my first too! It was very exciting experience and I thank no body but my Field Guide "BIGHUNT" Gotta say he sure knows what he's doing when it comes to Hunting. Thanx Dude :!:
'

i would have to say it was one of the most exciting hunts ive ever been on .......i love taking out freinds into the feild and show them the ways of the wild especially new hunters...hes a good learner and a great hunter taking two deer his first two year of hunting ......the first deer was exciting for me but not for him ........lets just say him and the scope didnt make freinds :shock: :lol: :lol:ill never forget iti :lol:

i look forward to hunting with you eric in the future and see us having alot more good times ;) ..... 8-) thanks for letting me be with you on your first gods country turkey
HUNT LIKE A BEAST
ejzirbes
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000260207206

Re: My first Turkey hunt back in 2008!

Unread postby ejzirbes » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:03 pm

You can see in the first pic how early it still was in the morning had to only be 20 min in to game time. It was such a quik but successful hunt. It was the perfect hunt. You couldn't ask for it to have been any better of a hunt.
ERIC
BigHunt

Re: My first Turkey hunt back in 2008!

Unread postby BigHunt » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:07 pm

ejzirbes wrote:You can see in the first pic how early it still was in the morning had to only be 20 min in to game time. It was such a quik but successful hunt. It was the perfect hunt. You couldn't ask for it to have been any better of a hunt.

ya it was good dude .......i remember the tip of your gun barrle it was shaking like crazy :lol: :lol: :lol:
i told ya i would get you one ;) .... 8-) it was just the matter of time ...not much time at all :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

and it also helped that i had them scouted out ;) 8-)
HUNT LIKE A BEAST

• Advertisement

Return to “Turkey Hunting”