Dog Depredations by Wolves in Wisconsin - 2011

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Dewey

Dog Depredations by Wolves in Wisconsin - 2011

Unread postby Dewey » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:12 am

Thought I would post this for all of you out there training dogs for bear hunting.
http://dnr.wi.gov/org/land/er/mammals/w ... depred.htm

Hilts

Re: Dog Depredations by Wolves in Wisconsin - 2011

Unread postby Hilts » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:28 am

Same old same old in our area. Fresh tracks on most of the baits and fresh tracks on most of the roads every morning. Knock on wood... we haven't had an incident in a couple of years. We have to be more careful about leaving our puppies behind in a hunt to roam now a days though. We used to just leave them when they got behind in a hunt because eventually they would get bored and learn to use their nose to get where they need to be or at least take the back track. Now we have to go find them right away so something else doesn't :evil: .

On a side note. The coyotes are just thick up here and I have already seen 4 badgers this summer. On the plus side, the number of deer tracks I am seeing is up this year though.
Uncle Lou

Unread postby Uncle Lou » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:54 pm

Those wolves are a real treat aren't they. They have ravaged the UP of MI. Just read the other day the wolf lovers are suing again to stop the Idaho and Montana seasons that are scheduled for this fall/winter.
Silence Your Gear with Stealth Strips®
http://www.stealthoutdoors.com
kenn1320
500 Club

Unread postby kenn1320 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:35 pm

Nice eh Lou? They love em, as long as they stay in the UP , which by the way is where the wolf lovers don't live. They are kinda like a nuclear facility, great idea as long as they aren't in your back yard. I havent met anybody that likes them, but then again I dont hang around them peta pumpers.
"Its about taking the right shot at the right time with good equipment." Dan Infalt

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”