Anyone...

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Schultzy
500 Club

Anyone...

Unread postby Schultzy » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:27 pm

getting that Itch yet to do some bear hunting related activities???????? I wish Minnesota would have their drawing right away before spring Instead of wasting a months worth of summer wondering If I should start getting goodies or not.

chad
500 Club

Re: Anyone...

Unread postby chad » Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Yeah, I hope I draw a Minnesota tag, I really look foward to going after my first bear! 8-)
Singing Bridge
500 Club
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... 1329617473

Unread postby Singing Bridge » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:03 pm

definitely getting that itch... I've already set aside some bait items for this fall, and am messing around with a couple of trailcams.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:07 pm

You guys on here got me all pumped about trying bear hunting... just got my 3rd WI prefrence point so it will be a while yet :cry:

Once I draw one, I would like to get under someone's wing that knows how to bait n bow hunt em...
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:11 pm

Bucky wrote:You guys on here got me all pumped about trying bear hunting... just got my 3rd WI prefrence point so it will be a while yet :cry:

Once I draw one, I would like to get under someone's wing that knows how to bait n bow hunt em...

I'll help ya!! 8-)
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:34 am

Public Land Beast wrote:
Bucky wrote:You guys on here got me all pumped about trying bear hunting... just got my 3rd WI prefrence point so it will be a while yet :cry:

I'll help ya!! 8-)

Saweeet! That would be awesome... I can help you bait etc as I think we live pretty close to each other (North Appleton 4 me).
"When a hunter is in a tree stand with high moral values, with the proper hunting ethics and richer for the experience, that hunter is 20 feet closer to God." Fred Bear
PLB
500 Club

Unread postby PLB » Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:06 am

Bucky wrote:
Public Land Beast wrote:

I'll help ya!! 8-)

Saweeet! That would be awesome... I can help you bait etc as I think we live pretty close to each other (North Appleton 4 me).

I live right by the airport in Ashwaubenon. :D
Obsession Bows
Lone Wolf Alpha and sticks
Hodag Hunter
500 Club

Unread postby Hodag Hunter » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:56 am

If you select area C some guys are drawing with 4 points.....might not be to long of a wait.

If your looking in area B the wait is longer but hopefully with the study happening this year the tag count will increase again, slightly dropping the wait.

If your looking for any insight or assistance please don't hesitate to ask. I've shot (5) with the bow, helped my wife with her one and helped (3) buds with their 1st.

I see your just north of Appleton.....I spend 60% of my time in Greenville and the other 40% in Rhinelander.
Bucky

Unread postby Bucky » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:35 am

Hodag Hunter wrote:

If you select area C some guys are drawing with 4 points.....might not be to long of a wait.

If your looking in area B the wait is longer but hopefully with the study happening this year the tag count will increase again, slightly dropping the wait.

If your looking for any insight or assistance please don't hesitate to ask. I've shot (5) with the bow, helped my wife with her one and helped (3) buds with their 1st.

I see your just north of Appleton.....I spend 60% of my time in Greenville and the other 40% in Rhinelander.

Sounds good... thanks!
dan
Site Owner
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/HuntingBeast/?ref=bookmarks

Unread postby dan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:42 am

Schultzy wrote:getting that Itch yet to do some bear hunting related activities???????? I wish Minnesota would have their drawing right away before spring Instead of wasting a months worth of summer wondering If I should start getting goodies or not.

Yea... Should draw Minnesota this year ( got a point last year )... And Rat Slayer drew Wisconsin.
Schultzy
500 Club

Unread postby Schultzy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:33 pm

Applied for my license this evening. I see that the area I always apply for has dropped their permits by 150. Chances are I may not get drawn. I can live with that If this will mean the hunter numbers will be down.
Mike Foss
500 Club

Unread postby Mike Foss » Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:33 pm

Getting an itch for Bear hunting, ive had a rash all winter long :lol: I will be trying out some new cameras this year. Only a week and a half until baiting opens. I already have been scouting some new property and County land for set ups.
mossyoak

Unread postby mossyoak » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:28 pm

I cant even apply for a month yet!!! I am hopeing to draw a second season tag in the up this year..

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”