Who is hunting bear this fall 2019?

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Jamielukas

Re: Who is hunting bear this fall 2019?

Unread postby Jamielukas » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:07 am

Doing a diy black bear hunt this fall in the catskill mountains of new york. Looking to harvest my first black bear this year. Went last year with no luck. We cannot bait them here in ny so does anyone have some good advice on where to start. We can use liquid scent but thats it. Thanks

ThatsABingo

Unread postby ThatsABingo » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:29 am

I'll be out this year for a couple days for our muzzle-loader season in NJ. No baiting, just still hunting.
Jamielukas

Unread postby Jamielukas » Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:04 am

Mountain Man wrote:Bear season is getting closer. Who is hunting bear this fall DIY or with a guide and where (state or province)?

Doing a diy bear hunt in the catskill mountains new york. Cant wait to get out and harvest my first bear. We are staying on the mountains for three days . Last year was my first year hunting black bear with no luck unfortunately. This year were gonna tag out !!! Cannot bait them in NY so we got to go find them. I have a few ideas on where they would be. Anyone have any good tips on wherw to find them during fall.
NHODN

Unread postby NHODN » Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:58 pm

Bear season starts tomorrow for me new Hampshire and I do DIY spot and stalk hunts
I only work so I can hunt
Edcyclopedia

Unread postby Edcyclopedia » Tue Sep 03, 2019 7:51 am

Took 13 year w/me.
Set a new dbl stand in a runoff area with apples and beachnuts the day b4.
Unfortunately I did not put in for bait season :doh:
Had to rely on past experiences...

Went driving around a bit and had a bear run in front of my truck-what a good sign we thought...

Sat opening late morning in an old dbl with nothing going on.

Went to new stand late afternoon and had an average size fresh track 5 yards from the stand.
I was hoping curiosity would kill the bear :whistle:
Hunt was fun with whisper laughing for 3 hours... :dance:
Expect the Unexpected when you least Expect it...
cb750

Unread postby cb750 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:38 am

I am set to go in the first weekend of October in Ontario. First Bear hunt. Totally stoked.
The lazy do not roast any game, but the diligent feed on the riches of the hunt.
zoschag08

Unread postby zoschag08 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 2:32 am

Mountain Man wrote:Bear season is getting closer. Who is hunting bear this fall DIY or with a guide and where (state or province)?

I'll be hunting both PA & NY DIY. Been hunting PA bear for 15 years now and have a pretty good area lined up again this year. Will be getting some early action though as its the first year for a early bear muzzleloader season. Hopefully there's still some crops standing otherwise I'll be targeting oak flats. As for the rifle season it's a family affair. Roughly 16 of us still hunting and stump sitting until around noon then we're beating the laurel and steep hillsides trying to push them out.
SC_Outside
Facebook: @brucehumphries

Unread postby SC_Outside » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:33 am

First time going in South Carolina

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”