On the ground

The Beast’s of the North woods. Behaviors, Hunting Stories, Pictures, Tactics, Q&A.
  • Advertisement

HB Store

Tyler0806

On the ground

Unread postby Tyler0806 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:51 pm

Hey guys, just wondering how many of you have taken advantage of a ground blind set up? I recently went up to Canada and the outfitter asked me if I felt comfortable hunting from the ground because the bears seemed to have the tree stand game figured out at this one particular bait so we made a quick brush pile blind and it worked out great. I was able to arrow a nice bear on the first night out of it. I’m hoping to use this trick here in Wisconsin this year but just thought I’d ask you guys what your opinions are on this style of bear hunting.

Jonny
500 Club

Re: On the ground

Unread postby Jonny » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:14 am

I think bassboysllp shot one at 8 yards on the ground with a recurve if my memory serves me correctly. Last year.

Find his bear thread. It’s in there somewhere
You have a monkey Mr. Munson?
john1984

Unread postby john1984 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:20 am

I've tried it once. I made a blind next to a 4 yard wide ditch of water with my bait on thee opposite side. Only saw some cubs.

I think Dan would not recommend hunting on the ground cuz your scent will pool. But like jonny said, BassBoysLLC killed one off the ground with trad gear in zone C.

Good luck
Tyler0806

Unread postby Tyler0806 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:48 pm

john1984 wrote:I've tried it once. I made a blind next to a 4 yard wide ditch of water with my bait on thee opposite side. Only saw some cubs.

I think Dan would not recommend hunting on the ground cuz your scent will pool. But like jonny said, BassBoysLLC killed one off the ground with trad gear in zone C.

Good luck

Interesting point about scent pooling, I never really took that into consideration.

• Advertisement

Return to “Bear Hunting”